Been working on this all day today and all last night. It's pretty much finished. I don't write out my guitar solos ahead of time (you'll see what I mean.)

I had to cut out an ambient sound track to save space for the upload, so it lost a little bit of its texture, but, what can you do?

Other than that, I think it's a pretty good song.

C4C and all that good stuff.
Attachments:
It Isn't Supposed To Be This Way mod version.gp5
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Been working on this all day today and all last night. It's pretty much finished. I don't write out my guitar solos ahead of time (you'll see what I mean.)

I had to cut out an ambient sound track to save space for the upload, so it lost a little bit of its texture, but, what can you do?

Other than that, I think it's a pretty good song.

C4C and all that good stuff.

I'll look at this in a minute, but you can just put the song in a RAR or ZIP folder and that'll save more than enough space to put in whatever you took out.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by Austyn6661
I'll look at this in a minute, but you can just put the song in a RAR or ZIP folder and that'll save more than enough space to put in whatever you took out.

Don't you have to download a program to do that?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Vileartist
I think it is a very good song as far as being powerful but mellow at the same time. Great creativity, excellent mix of powerchords with full chords and hammer ons. Didn't seen to have much variety though, could stand for something a little different once and a while.

Very good though 8/10

Thanks man, I C4C yours.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The intro Chord Porgression is a little overused, but the solo-ish type thing on guitar was spot on.

I think the organ in the verse was a good addition.

Once again the Chorus progression is kinda cliche, but the melody was pretty good and it fit the song.

Wow, I don't think Ive ever seen someone use Markers such as ds al coda, and things of the like in guitar pro, not a bad thing though.

I was sad when I got to the solo though, since there was non. Im guessing the songs not finished?

I think x4 is a lot for the solo though, maybe its just because its not there yet, but it seems like it would drag on with or without it. I think x2 would be better, but I can't tell since the solos not made yet.

Overall

A lot of the progressions have been done a lot before, but the guitar melodies and overal structure was really good.

Would maybe of gave a higher score f it was finished, don't know.
Anymore critique. I'd be clad to critique someone else!
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

I agree that intro progression is overused, but everything else afterwards is ace. The little hammond ambience reminds of some Deep Purple stuff.

The chorus is pretty cool. The lead is a little boring, but it doesn't go on for too long so it saves itself. I still really like the verse man. It really reminds me of R&B era Deep Purple, at least the lead lines and everything without the rhythm guitar.

The chorus comes back, but it should have had some kind of new organ fill or solo, just to spice it up. Then you go to a rhythm part, which in itself is really dull. Should've made more use of the hammond or something. (I just now noticed that it's the spot for a guitar solo? Okay, then fair enough)

Then the chorus comes back, and I got really bored. Then it just fades out, meh.

Overall, LOVED the verse and mostly everything except for the amount of repetition without improvement or inclusion of extra parts.

7.5/10. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173977
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Is there a way I can extract the MIDI file alone?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Yeah, there is.

File->Export-> Midi
You can also do this to export GP4 files, but make sure you know where they're saved to.
You don't need a program to make zipped folders. If you hilight the files you want, you can right click and click on "Send To" and then "Compressed (Zipped) Folder"