I would like opinion on my situation. Basically i have been buying guitars (before the credit crunch). Now i am trying to cut down because a) i have bought some faulty axes from ebay and need to pay a lot in repiars even to sell them b) I have started to dislike some guitars c) i just want one/two hi quality guitar to do everything jazz to shred to death metal

I have

Ibanez s270 (blocked off)
Ibanez SA250 (with piezo and emg pups..both didnt work and needs fretwork)
Gibson Les Paul Studio...Nice guitar but tuneomatic bridge is faulty and some frets unplayable.
Fender 82 strat...had it for years..dont like strats now but might be worth something in some years while it isnt worth that much now
Schecter c7 hellraiser emgs faulty...company went bust after buying it and i realised i couldnt deal with 27'' scale and didnt like xl jumbo frets

Additionally i also find my playing style changes when i play certain guitar eg. i end up playing hendrix always on the strat and play tool on the les paul. the s series seems more versatile but i do tend to shred.

I want the easiest best sounding guitar to play basically with a shreddable neck pup, piezo for live acoustic, a heavy bridge pickup and coil split..maybe put a strat single coil in the s series as well which would give about 15 tonal options. The other issue is using dropped tunings...hence why i bought the 7 string but the schecter hellraiser was huge for my hands. I could possibly tune to Csharp and use a capo for regular tuned stuff on a 2nd guitar.

Should i sell the lot, buy top quality pups and piezo and coil tap them, for the Ibanez s270, forget about the problems of a floyd rose and block it off (and i would use the locking nut with the blocked trem to give great stability, or should i just sell everything and buy a parker or something.

Or should i get a hellraiser, shave the neck down, put piezo system in. Or buy a S prestige (again i wouldnt use the trem).
Last edited by Alk212 at Jul 29, 2009,
JACKSON!!!
Or Ibanez, but IMO High-end Jacksons are better than everything else (esp. Schecter...).

Speaking of which, how the hell do you say Ibanez in plural form? Ibanezes?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
JACKSON!!!
Or Ibanez, but IMO High-end Jacksons are better than everything else (esp. Schecter...).

Speaking of which, how the hell do you say Ibanez in plural form? Ibanezes?
of course High end Jacksons are better than high end Schecters...because Schecter only does low, mid, and custom range guitars.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
I was talking about Schecter's higher-end stuff, like the Hellraisers.
It's not really high-end, but it's as high as they go, so it's all I have to compare to.
But I personally hate all the Schecters.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
schecter or emg (not sure which you wern't clear) went bust. This is news to me. I also googled then term with both brands and none of which shown any hits.
Quote by leftyace
of course High end Jacksons are better than high end Schecters...because Schecter only does low, mid, and custom range guitars.

are you being sarcastic?

also i should add i cannot really buy another guitar easily because people arent buying much at the moment. i would be lucky to sell the les paul and strat at decent prices...considering new they are more expensive i dont want to sell at bargain rates. hence why im considering just sticking with the s series and pimping it up because it is the most comfortable and it sounds good enough.
Still comparing two different levels of guitars. And you can't hate every guitar a company makes until you've played all of them. There are tons of people who say they hate Schecter because of the necks who don't realize that every schecter doesn't have a Hellraiser neck. At the same time there are people who say they hate Ibanez because of Wizard necks...generalizing guitars based on company is stupid

Quote by Alk212
are you being sarcastic?

also i should add i cannot really buy another guitar easily because people arent buying much at the moment. i would be lucky to sell the les paul and strat at decent prices...considering new they are more expensive i dont want to sell at bargain rates. hence why im considering just sticking with the s series and pimping it up because it is the most comfortable and it sounds good enough.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just saying that Schecter doesn't make high-end guitars. The most expensive ones they make are sig models like the Loomis and their custom shops. So its silly to compare a $1500+ (or so) Jackson to say a Hellraiser.

Understand?

Quote by leftyace
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just saying that Schecter doesn't make high-end guitars. The most expensive ones they make are sig models like the Loomis and their custom shops. So its silly to compare a $1500+ (or so) Jackson to say a Hellraiser.

Understand?

Do you think that Jackson make high end guitars because they are $1500? Jackson custom shop has always been too expensive, Schecter are cheap because their models are all standardised. You dont pay $1000 extra for slightly better woods and slightly better construction, you pay it because it is custom.

When i was a teenager priced always defined quality which is a mistake.
Last edited by Alk212 at Jul 29, 2009,
I'd keep the Strat and maybe sell the rest.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Alk212
Do you think that Jackson make high end guitars because they are $1500? Jackson custom shop has always been too expensive, Schecter are cheap because their models are all standardised. You dont pay $1000 extra for slightly better woods and slightly better construction, you pay it because it is custom.

When i was a teenager priced always defined quality which is a mistake.

I just threw out a price that you may expect to pay for a high end Jackson. I wasn't even talking about custom shop prices.