Is there actualy any difference between the two guitars? Because andertons music has them both, but the v-500 is £160 cheaper than the v-401. Is that just because the v-500 is being phased out so theyre trying to get rid of stock? And the only difference is the model number printed on the 12th fret?

Thanks in advance
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
there seems to be no difference between the two other than the fact that the v-500 is no longer in production. if the pickups are the same and everything else is the same, id say go with the v-500 and save some money.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
not pickups? Higher the number, more expensive. Yeah probably something old or discontinued.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
as far as i know everything is the same between the 401 and 500... the 401 is the newer model of the 500... the only difference i am aware of between these guitars is where they are made. the 500 was made in korea and the 401's have been moved to be produced in indonesia. a lot of guitar companies have moved production from korea to indonesia recently. i believe the ltd 1000 series are still being produced in korea but im not positive.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
as far as i know everything is the same between the 401 and 500... the 401 is the newer model of the 500... the only difference i am aware of between these guitars is where they are made. the 500 was made in korea and the 401's have been moved to be produced in indonesia. a lot of guitar companies have moved production from korea to indonesia recently. i believe the ltd 1000 series are still being produced in korea but im not positive.

You're spot on.

And I'd go with the 500, it's probably gonna have a bit better build quality.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Awesome, thank you! The V-500 it is
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive