i play rock and metal (guns n roses/metallica)

which guitar is better Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top or ESP LTD KH202 (or better model if u know one in same price range)

and should i replace pickups??

im buying a new amp with the guitar so any amp suggestion would be nice

cheers
ive got a les paul plus top, its brilliant for both of those things youve said, even with the stock pups!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
They are two completely different guitars...
One is made of mahagony, the other alder
One has a tremolo, the other a TOM

Now ask your self, "am I really going to use the tremolo on this guitar"
I would get the Epi unless the Floyd Rose is important to you. Metallica doesn't use it much, but other metal bands use it more, so it kinda depends how much metal you play. But based on JUST those two bands you mentioned, I would get the LP Std instead.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by Ghold125
They are two completely different guitars...
One is made of mahagony, the other alder
One has a tremolo, the other a TOM

Now ask your self, "am I really going to use the tremolo on this guitar"

youve got a good point, the guitar i have atm doesnt have one and i reckon i would use it if i did but only for mucking about, i wouldnt miss it

what the main diffs between the standard and the plus top?
The LP by far. The quality is much better and the guitar will last a while. The pickups are decent and can do a variety of genre's.

AMP
What's your budget?
What is the nearest major city?
Head/Stack or Combo?
Gigging or not?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
between £200 and £300
i live in worthing, its very near brighton but its no trouble for me to get to london
im only 13 so the amp wont be gigging just yet but i want something to last me a while so basicly i hope it can go loud enough
also back onto the guitar
is it worth replacing the pickups to suming like EMGs for a heavy sound or does that just ruin the sound?
It really depends on what amp you've got.If you've just got a digital modelling amp,then EMG's will probably sound very bad,but if its a nice tube amp,the EMG's will be used to their full effect.Because EMG's are designed to drive tube's even harder,they simply put out too much signal for moddeling amps.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
If you're gonna get an Epiphone get a Goldtop since that is like the only decent Epiphone Les Paul.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by miguelpereira

Wel to be honest Epiphone are a crap make of guitar in my opion, cause I've tried many of them and I only liked two which were the Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop (even that was modded) and the Zakk Wylde Signature with EMG's.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Quote by Tokai09
Wel to be honest Epiphone are a crap make of guitar in my opion, cause I've tried many of them and I only liked two which were the Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop (even that was modded) and the Zakk Wylde Signature with EMG's.

They are well worth what they cost. Even the lowly studio I bought last year, after a proper setup is a heck of a good guitar. It doesn't have the looks, but again...it's a studio. And before that, a 1993 Epi LP Standard was a rock solid & beatifully put together guitar. So...to be honest, they are not crap in my opinion.
Quote by Tokai09
If you're gonna get an Epiphone get a Goldtop since that is like the only decent Epiphone Les Paul.

Quote by Tokai09

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
So basicaly I'm not allowed an opion just cause you all own Epiphones, how pathetic is that, even though I don't like them I still gave the kid advice to buy the better version of a Epiphone Les Paul which is the Goldtop. And i thought musician are surpost to be open minded and you lot seem to be tunnel visioned.

If you're looking for an ESP guitar, try the MH-250, there's a non trem (NT) version available too. Or, if you can stretch your budget a bit, try the MH-401QM.

I've been told that the signature guitars aren't as good as the non-signature ones, but are priced higher because of the name. I don't know if this is true, but I've gotten this sort of response often.
Quote by The Red Comet
If you're looking for an ESP guitar, try the MH-250, there's a non trem (NT) version available too. Or, if you can stretch your budget a bit, try the MH-401QM.

I've been told that the signature guitars aren't as good as the non-signature ones, but are priced higher because of the name. I don't know if this is true, but I've gotten this sort of response often.

Yeah i agree, Floyd Roses are way too fiddley. And that is true about the signatures especially the cheaper ones.

Quote by Tokai09
So basicaly I'm not allowed an opion just cause you all own Epiphones, how pathetic is that, even though I don't like them I still gave the kid advice to buy the better version of a Epiphone Les Paul which is the Goldtop. And i thought musician are surpost to be open minded and you lot seem to be tunnel visioned.

I am pretty darn open minded. Did you hear me say something absolutely negative or positive about Epiphones or Tokais or any other particular model, brand or style? I guess what you are missing is the fact that I -not speaking for anybody else- own and play one of those 'crappy' instruments, and I can -and will- voice my opinion just like you. If you have any doubt about my openmindedness, look at my sig and the guitars I own and play. Tunnel Vision my buttocks and John Petrucci's AWESOME song.

Edit: Oh, and don't be a wah-wah. People won't agree with you all the time -even if you are right.
Last edited by miguelpereira at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by miguelpereira
I am pretty darn open minded. Did you hear me say something absolutely negative or positive about Epiphones or Tokais or any other particular model, brand or style? I guess what you are missing is the fact that I -not speaking for anybody else- own and play one of those 'crappy' instruments, and I can -and will- voice my opinion just like you. If you have any doubt about my openmindedness, look at my sig and the guitars I own and play. Tunnel Vision my buttocks and John Petrucci's AWESOME song.

Edit: Oh, and don't be a wah-wah. People won't agree with you all the time -even if you are right.

Yeah that's fine with me. I'm sorry that I said that have tunnel vision but i always seem to get people having ago at me just because I don't like Epiphone.