Okay, what guitar is he using as a slide guitar? and what slide? I really want to learn this song but the sliding is giving me insane amounts of trouble. Though I can play more human than human on slide. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Well, in this video, he is using a Gibson SG and what looks like a glass side. Although, to be honest that question should come whenever you've got the whole song down pat and are just looking to fine-tune your tone.

If I recall correctly that slide part was not too terribly difficult. When it comes to slide guitar there are two essential things you have to remember:

1) Make sure that the slide is directly over the fret you are aiming for and
2) MUTING! I can not stress enough how important a solid right-hand muting technique is. You want to be able to mute all of the excess and ringing notes in order to really get the notes you want to sing through.

Keep trying and you will nail it before you know it!

EDIT:

Oh, and it helps a lot to use your fingers instead of a pick, for multiple reasons.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Last edited by Seryaph at Jul 29, 2009,
thanks, I will try to see if that helps.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by badassasaurus
Okay, what guitar is he using as a slide guitar? and what slide? I really want to learn this song but the sliding is giving me insane amounts of trouble. Though I can play more human than human on slide. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Neither of those things are remotely important.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com