What's the best one I could get for around 600-700 bucks? I'll could go another 50 bucks or so if it really worth it.

I need one with a graphics card Intel GMA 4500 MHD or better.
Why is there a new one of these every single day. Just searchbar and find the 800 that have already been made.
Or make an "Only Laptop buying thread". This is getting ridiculous.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Why is there a new one of these every single day. Just searchbar and find the 800 that have already been made.
Or make an "Only Laptop buying thread". This is getting ridiculous.

Chill, it's not like anything particularly interesting is going on today. If you dont like the thread, leave. Mind your own business.
Quote by 20cdndollars
The other guy's seemed to be doing ok. I figured it was a good template.

fairy 'nuff.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
your best bet for upgrading RAM is to buy it with whatever they give you, then head on over to crucial.com and buy more from them, they're very good, and cheap.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
your best bet for upgrading RAM is to buy it with whatever they give you, then head on over to crucial.com and buy more from them, they're very good, and cheap.

I dont want to be the one taking apart my computer though, having no knowledge about anything to do with computers means I would probably screw it up.
Putting in ram is like putting in a lightbulb. Not hard.

But I do suggest more than 2 gb of ram if you can. The 2 main pieces to look at are ram speed and processor speed.

The dual core AMD would be a good chip, but I think you would benefit a lot from more ram.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
Putting in ram is like putting in a lightbulb. Not hard.

But I do suggest more than 2 gb of ram if you can. The 2 main pieces to look at are ram speed and processor speed.

The dual core AMD would be a good chip, but I think you would benefit a lot from more ram.

I was thinking i'd get them to install another gig or two of RAM, how much would that cost, if they'd do it?
The future shop one isnt working, but if its the same as the old link than that one. Id say try and get 2 gigs added. The cost of the parts itself cant be much more than 50, and they'll probably charge 20 to get it installed, evebn though it will take them 2 minutes.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I despise Acer with a passion. It's not from a tech standpoint, it's just a sort of personal hate towards the company, but that's another story.

I've loved my Toshiba Satellite laptop. Although mine was $850, it has an ATI 4500 HD, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz, and a nice 17" widescreen.

I recommend one if you haven't chosen a laptop, yet. There a multiple satellites that go for cheaper if you're on a tight budget.

EDIT : Forgot to mention a free update to Windows 7 on Toshiba laptops.

Good luck
Quote by 20cdndollars
I found this one, it seems reasonable, and is in stock at my closest store. Any comments? http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10126018&logon=&langid=EN

Also, How hard, and how much does it cost to get them to upgrade my RAM?

i actually went to futureshop to upgrade my RAM and the guy said for the to install it is 40 bucks. i got kinda pissed cause the RAM itself is 40 bucks. so i just bought the RAM and now i'm just waiting for my uncle to come over and install it (he's a programmer)
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Wesseem
i actually went to futureshop to upgrade my RAM and the guy said for the to install it is 40 bucks. i got kinda pissed cause the RAM itself is 40 bucks. so i just bought the RAM and now i'm just waiting for my uncle to come over and install it (he's a programmer)

Are you serious?

Dude it's LEGO. Pull that crap in, put new one in. That simple.

edit: okay that was a little hasty. Just be grounded, only handle the modules on the edges.

If it's on a desktop, pull the bindings back first. Remove and replace. Situate the modules tightly the snap the binding back. On laptops...they're slide and pulls.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Are you serious?

Dude it's LEGO. Pull that crap in, put new one in. That simple.

that's what i thought, but the guy scared all sorts of **** out of me. he said that if i'm not grounded then i could short out my motherboard and need a new laptop etc.
i'm like alright well i'll just touch a telephone poll and im good to go, then he went on to say that they use the best technology etc.

in either case i know it's never gonna be worth 40 bucks to have them put it in, but now i'm too scared to do it myself. so looks like im waiting for uncle jay to visit
Quote by edge11

Quote by Wesseem
that's what i thought, but the guy scared all sorts of **** out of me.

That's because he wants your money.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's because he wants your money.

yea i just youtubed it. holy frik it takes like 10 seconds.
Quote by edge11