Im pretty sure i am going to buy a cordoba custom artist from guitarsalon.com
I live far from any stores that carry good guitars and was wondering if anyone owns or has play this or a similar model? The description fits my kinda sound but I'd like to know what someone can tell me if they've played it.

http://www.guitarsalon.com/product.php?productid=142
I flat out wouldn't be able to spend $2000 on a guitar without at least playing the same model at some point. With that large of an investment, it'd be worth it to me to drive several hours to find a store that carries it to make sure that it is perfect for me.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Jul 29, 2009,
^-- I 100% agree.

That website also says that the guitar is out of stock.
^ My thoughts exactly. $2000 isn't exactly chump change! It's a big investment. If they had a good return policy for the guitar then maybe... but since you're spending so much, wouldn't you rather just find the right guitar for you instead of just ordering online and sending back when you don't like it? Guitars are very personal things.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
agh i know... i guess i could plan a trip to austin soon... they have to have good places. Im just afraid i wont find what im looking for and it'll be a wasted trip :/
Just get a list of all the stores and plan out your trip. I'm sure you'll be able to find something nice.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by profmcnasty
agh i know... i guess i could plan a trip to austin soon... they have to have good places. Im just afraid i wont find what im looking for and it'll be a wasted trip :/

If you have specific models in mind, then you can call ahead of time and see what stores stock guitars you are interested in. Just look here:

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?SRC=comwp&C=musical+instruments&T=AUSTIN&S=TX&STYPE=S&L=Austin+TX&R=N&EG=2&F=1&CP=Arts+%26+Entertainment^Music^Musical+Instruments^Retail^&RC=1&CTS=Musical+Instruments+Retail

With a little planning and effort, I'm sure you can find the guitars you are interested in. Then you can go and play your choices and likely find some great new options as well.