View poll results: I Prefer Music From The
Head
20 36%
Heart
26 47%
Balls
9 16%
Voters: 55.
So do you prefer music mainly from the head e.g. prog rock, the heart e.g. blues, or the balls heavy metal.
Depends on the mood I'm in and the situation.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
^Also that.

Inaccurate stereotypes are inaccurate. There are plenty of sterile blues players, emotional prog rockers and metal musicians who sound like they were fixed.

But anyway, I like all three. The heart pouring over everything, the head directing things, and the balls giving the punch.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by KeepOnRotting
They all came from the blues anyway.

...which came from celtic music.
Quote by Alk212
Wrong. It came from black people.

Now GTFO, racist.
kill all humans
Quote by Alk212

are you being serious right now?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I like music from the spleen.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's all about the heart, music is a device to release raw emotion. Sure you can play it with your head or your sack, but if you can't put feeling into your playing, I don't see a reason for playing.
Quote by Alk212

Which again came from whatever note God let out when Satan fucked him sideways.

Seriously, haven't we heard this discussion a little too many times?

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Alk212

...I'll give you a pass since you're new. But next time I'm going all-out classhole on your class.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Wrong. It came from black people.

Now GTFO, racist.

Twat. The term blues comes from the celtic phrase for sadness 'seeing blue devils'. Irish and Scottish workers were involved in the slave trade, as well as working alongside black slaves in the plantations.
I love music from the heart, it makes a nice "SQUISH" sound when you throw it.
Quote by wizards?
It's all about the heart, music is a device to release raw emotion. Sure you can play it with your head or your sack, but if you can't put feeling into your playing, I don't see a reason for playing.

You have to sing with your balls though. I mean would you rather sound like Lemmy or James LaBrie.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
From the looks of the mainstream it seems people prefer music from the ass.
Quote by electr8r
From the looks of the mainstream it seems people prefer music from the ass.

Quote by Alk212
Twat. The term blues comes from the celtic phrase for sadness 'seeing blue devils'. Irish and Scottish workers were involved in the slave trade, as well as working alongside black slaves in the plantations.

must......not....feed....trolls.....
I have no opinion on this matter.
I like a mix between the head and the heart. You need to have feeling, but the technical aspect is also important
Quote by toxictaipan
Metal doesn't JUST come from the balls, you know?

Truly GREAT music comes from all 3 at the same time.

if you check the OP i underlined and highlighted the word you need.
I like the technical aspect of music, mainly because i like innovation and helps me appreciate.

I rarely find myself thinking the music i like comes from the heart. Plus there are other emotions than sadness, not all music with emotion has to be the black blues man.

I think that overall, alot of metal is an expression of energy. You don't have to be angry to hear something and think "man i want to mosh to that!" and because my favourite aspect of all music is the wish to move to it, whether it be bobbing your head along to a catchy clean bit, raising your arms to an epic chorus or just plain out moshing to some awesome double bass, i chose balls.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by wizards?
This.

If I wanted stuff from the head, I'd go do math problems. If I wanted balls-out intensity, I'd go watch/partake in extreme sports. Music is a device for emotion, and I can't see how you can vote anything but heart.
kill all humans
I voted before reading, and interpreted "from the head" as meaning music with lyrical content that isn't sentimental or lusty, but rather witty and biting.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I like music witty enough to have required some thought, ballsy enough to rile the listener, and with enough heart to make it sincere.