When I was tracking a heavily distorted guitar part, I made a huge mistake in the phase-alignment of the two mics I was using. I'm hoping I do not have to track again, and tried adjusting the two tracks alignment in sony ACID. I have done this before with other takes, with great results, however this time the closer to in-phase I got the guitar, the quieter it got. Now I have the two almost perfectly lined up, and the level is almost nonexistent. I believe it has to do with the to wavs being close to polar opposites. Am I correct? Is this possible to fix?

Here is an image of what I am talking about. The image on the right is how it appears, causing the awful tone, and on the right is an image I flipped to show what it has been like before (giving me a better, additive tone)

Last edited by m6arate at Jul 31, 2009,
theres no image...

and it sounds more like the opposite of what you want, it seems like the wavs are cancelling each other out, a destructive pattern. try going the opposite way.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
that's exactly what I'm asking. Is it possible to invert it, so that they do not cancel each other out?

edit: the image should be there. here is the link

http://sites.google.com/site/dontdeletetheseforawhile/Home/screenshot.jpg?attredirects=0

edit: I believe the term is reversing the polarity. Is that not what I want, or will that not help?
Last edited by m6arate at Jul 29, 2009,