Hi everyone! I have a tone question

I've been trying every setting in the ultimate settings thread, and so far, all of the tones that my amp(marshall mg102fx) have been producing sound gross.
I'm trying for a neoclassical guitar tone thats a bit on the heavy side (like Galneryus, if anyone knows about the band), but I've tried the other settings too.

(If it helps, my guitar is the E-CS-160, http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/syu/index.html , scroll all the way down)

So how would I get this tone? Any help would be appreciated
Quote by g1ntoki
Hi everyone! I have a tone question

I've been trying every setting in the ultimate settings thread, and so far, all of the tones that my amp(marshall mg102fx) have been producing sound gross.
I'm trying for a neoclassical guitar tone thats a bit on the heavy side (like Galneryus, if anyone knows about the band), but I've tried the other settings too.

(If it helps, my guitar is the E-CS-160, http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/syu/index.html , scroll all the way down)

So how would I get this tone? Any help would be appreciated

^^ There's your problem
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Marshall MGs have a reputation for being quite horrible, so I wouldn't count on getting the tone you want out of it. Your guitar looks good though.
hey you actually have the crying star? nice. galneryus is a great band but as most people are going to say here, odds are that its your amp that is giving you the trouble, you should look into a new one
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Save up for either a Blackstar HT-5 or maybe the Marshall Class 5 (if it could get some good Malmsteen tones, which I personally think is the holy grail for neoclassical tones).
All aboard the MG hate wagon people.

I don't think your gonna get a tone like that.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
If you want Neoclassical tones, why don't you, or why didn't you get an amp like one which is used by Neoclassical artists? You're wasting an amazing guitar through such a compartively (and generally) poor amp. What you should do is try and sell your amp and put some money into something better. Look for a used Carvin or something.

I'm sorry, but this is a classic example of n00bishness. Pairing a great ESP with a Marshall only works when that Marshall is actually anywhere near a decent amp. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid. This thread is so bad it must be a troll...
oh.....its THAT bad!?
but what amp would be good then, for about the same price?
Quote by greggybhoy
If you want Neoclassical tones, why don't you, or why didn't you get an amp like one which is used by Neoclassical artists? You're wasting an amazing guitar through such a compartively (and generally) poor amp. What you should do is try and sell your amp and put some money into something better. Look for a used Carvin or something.

I'm sorry, but this is a classic example of n00bishness. Pairing a great ESP with a Marshall only works when that Marshall is actually anywhere near a decent amp. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid. This thread is so bad it must be a troll...

I don't think he's a troll. A whole lot of people actually think that good tone comes from the guitar and, unfortunately, the amp is a side thought. I know this kid who has a couple Gibsons, one of which is a vintage goldtop, and plays them through an MG250.
^^Yup, just because something says Marshall on it, it doesn't automatically make it a JTM45 or whatever.

Ford make Mustangs, but they also make the Ka. You wouldn't take the Ka to a drag race. Unless you were a twat.
it sounds pretty good when I play using headphones though, is there an explanation for this?
Quote by g1ntoki
it sounds pretty good when I play using headphones though, is there an explanation for this?

The crushing overdrive has destroyed your perception of what sounds good, and you now need to buy a HT-5 and fix it
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12