Page 1 of 4
Pathetic, as expected.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Does not exist as far as my willful ignorance is concerned.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Kataklysm? Bloodbath? Six Feet Under!?

Sadly this is far from the worst I've seen.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by The Kreator
Could have been worse. This is actually one of the better lists I've seen.

I agree. Clicking a "Best Death Metal Bands" link from AOL, I was expecting everything BUT death metal.
I wonder why Vader's The Art of War got on there. Yeah, it's ****ing amazing, but only about like 10 minutes long.

Litany should have been in there.
^ No, we really dont, as it would be crap as well.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
It's funny when people try to tell us who the best is in a subjective place. I did appreciate seeing Amon Amarth and Death (could they have even left Death out?)
Quote by Stranglehold

This. The only way a list would not be crap is if I made it.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
You appreciated the 2 bands who, for the most part, dont even play death metal?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by MetalMessiah665
This. The only way a list would not be crap is if Stranglehold made it.

Obviously.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold

why not make a list if this one is so crappy. and dont anyone say they dont give a **** about lists because you obviously do care if your looking at this thread.
Because everybody has a different opinion, and our list would end up ****ty, also, because only the more popular bands would have a chance at getting more than one vote...
Quote by dfinch10
why not make a list if this one is so crappy. and dont anyone say they dont give a **** about lists because you obviously do care if your looking at this thread.

Im reading this thread because I knew it would be a bit of fun, especially if the lurkers came out in force to post in it.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Obviously.

Well, yours might not be TOO off...

Quote by dfinch10

Man, no one seems to ever acknowledge that boredom has a HUGE part in this. I'm not looking at this thread because I am interested in some stupid death metal list, I'm in it because I don't have anything better to do... Actually, I'm fairly certain I do...

EDIT: ^And that.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
They had some nice bands. Suffocation, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel...but the album choices are horrid.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

It had Pierced from Within, which is my favorite suffocation album.

Other than that, though, the bands' other albums are better than the ones shown on the list
Quote by The Kreator
It had Pierced from Within, which is my favorite suffocation album.

Other than that, though, the bands' other albums are better than the ones shown on the list

Yeah, same here. But the Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel choices are pitiful.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Everything wrong with that list:

1. The inclusion of Six Feet Under, Kataklysm, Bloodbath, and (especially) Amon Amarth.
2. Putting Vader and CC above Morbid Angel.
3. "8: Nile. Best Album: Ithyphallic."
4. Actually, basically every "best album".
5. Hell, while we're at it, let's kick Vader off the list too.
6. The add on the page is Sacha Baron Cohen staring at me and it's really creepy.
7. "Hi, I'm Kelly Shaefer, from Atheist. Maybe you've heard of me."
8. Etc.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by Stranglehold
You appreciated the 2 bands who, for the most part, dont even play death metal?

Amon Amarth is debatable to some extent (I consider them melodeath), but Death was perhaps the earliest death metal band. It seems to me that they would play death metal somewhat.
Quote by Geldin
Amon Amarth is debatable to some extent (I consider them melodeath), but Death was perhaps the earliest death metal band. It seems to me that they would play death metal somewhat.

Yes, their early stuff is undoubtedly death metal, but Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance are in no way death metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
True, but when I think of Death, I think immediately of Human. I think they were moving towards a more progressive sound in the end. Too bad Chuck died before they could keep it going. One of many reasons the US needs a major health care overhaul.
At least they had some actual death metal bands. I was waiting to see Lamb of God or Slipknot on there.
goddamn lists....

bloodbath and six feet under made me laugh
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
i dont think its that terrible. A couple of misses, but what do you expect? Its aol
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Quote by Stranglehold
Pathetic, as expected.

This.

Quote by chrisg7
i dont think its that terrible. A couple of misses, but what do you expect? Its aol

a couple of misses? the whole list is misses.

Except Morbid Angel and maybe suffocation.
Last edited by wh0racLe at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by wh0racLe
a couple of misses? the whole list is misses.

There's nothing wrong with including Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, or Death on a top 10 death metal list.
I was mildly surprised at the list. Suffocationa and Morbid Angel on a best death metal bands is cool by me. I was expecting more "Six Feet Under" type bands.
How can you put Death up, and not put the best album as Scream Bloody Gore...

The only album that matches the band would be Suffocation's Pierced From Within. Altars of Madness and Blessed Are the Sick are far better Morbid Angel albums, and Annihilation of the Wicked is easily Nile's best. Vader's The Art of War is great, but I wouldn't call it their best. Tomb of the Mutilated or Gallery of Suicide are certainly CC's best albums, and Amon Amarth isn't that great, or at least not to a standard deserving a spot on the "10 best death metal bands". Bloodbath, SFU, and Kataklysm are horribly out of place. I'd switch in Dying Fetus, Incantation, or Angelcorpse.
These lists are always bad, but they put in 3 of my favorite bands (Death, Nile, Suffocation).

I don't know anyone who would say that Ithyphallic is Nile's best...
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
The hell is wrong with you guys?

Suffocation
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Death

All are there, we should be thankful Daath, Gojira and Bullet for my valentine aint there.
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
You know what... I'm actually quite content. I mean, as far as lists go this is far from perfect yet far from a complete fail considering it's AOL.

Remove Amon Amarth, Kataklysm, SFU and Bloodbath and the rest are at least good metal bands.

Edit: Whoever said to remove Vader is ridiculous.
Ithyphallic...
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jul 30, 2009,
Page 1 of 4