For a couple of months now, my band's been looking for a singer.
Of the people we tried to 'recruit,' none have really been what we're looking for, so I figured I'd give it a try. So far, all's good, and apparently I'm not all that bad. The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I'm playing lead also, so I tend to mess some parts up when I sing. Any tricks to get better at this?
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by nakki

Also, I think this is the wrong forum for that. Musician talk I guess.

Yeah I realized right after I posted, sorry about that
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Think about the words when you play. Then once you can do that without messing up on guitar, you can start perfecting the vocals.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
Do a Dave Grohl, both. When singing, rhythm, when there is no singing needed, play lead. May get confusing at times, but the result is awesome.
i suck at singing while playing, i mess up like mad. the only way to improve really is to practice. practice guitar individually, practice singing individually and then put it together.
whats been said already..

I sing and play guitar in my band, and we usually switch up who plays the lead parts.. but when i'm playing lead and singing at the same time, I just practice and practice them separately..

I make sure i'm able to play the guitar part and talk at the same time.. then i'm more than able to sing while playing
I only ever played rhythm while singing and it can still be hard if the song is not TOTALLY down.

Edit: I probably just suck.
I forced myself to become a singer. I hate doing it, and a lot of people don't like my singing, but then if the music was instrumental it would be too boring for most people. *sigh*

Keep practicing, go with the natural rhythm and feel of things. Don't worry if you have to shift the rhythm of the vocals around a little bit if your singing a cover song. You might 'feel' a song differently than other people.
Separate your hands.
I ALWAYS play lead when Im singing. Just practice it, obsessively, sing while you drive, while you walk, while you shower, while you dance, while you type, ALLLL the time. It gets to a point that your hands feel like a natural extension of the neck, and you hardly even realize your playing anymore.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."