I'm looking to buy a pitch shifter. I didn't buy the mxr classic distortion so I still have the money. The boss ps5 sounds digital to me. The digitech wammy sounds like bells instead of guitar notes. What are good harmonizers/pitch ****ters under $150
another guitarists.

but if you must get a harmonizer

Boss HM2, and the PS5 are both very good.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
if you go used you can get the boss HM2 harmonizer.

the PS5 is good but there are lots of bells and whistles

The whammy is overrated
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
if you go used you can get the boss HM2 harmonizer.

the PS5 is good but there are lots of bells and whistles

The whammy is overrated

(it's HR 2 harmonist BTW)

Under 150$, the Boss ps 5 is pretty much the best
Last edited by Sguit at Jul 29, 2009,
Yeah I might want to get a used hm2. What would a good price be. Could this do iron maiden type harmonies? If would rather buy another brand buy If boss is the only one I'll get it. I just want to try some new brands and add some variety to my pedal board.
used digitech whammy maybe?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
If you're looking for just pitch shifting, then the Digitech Whammy probably is your best bet, though I agree with you that it's not the most natural sound.

The Eventide PitchFactor is supposed to be very nice, though I believe that's quite a bit over what you want to spend.

I own a Digitech HarmonyMan, which I think makes some pretty nice sounding harmonies. I think it tracks quite a bit better than the Whammy too, though it lacks an expression pedal, and it's still got a fairly digital sound to it. Still, it can do some nice three part harmony; I'd imagine you'd be able to get some pretty decent Iron Maiden sounds out of it. It's got an Input/Output in the back for just your distortion pedals, so it can get register the pitch based off of the clean signal, and then add the shifting post distortion, which I think sounds pretty nice. Anyway, you might want to check it out. All the list prices online say its $300, but I got mine for $190 at Guitar Center... don't know if they slashed its price by mistake or something but...
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio (Wine Red/Gold Pickups)
Vox Wah
Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone
Boss DS-1
Digitech HarmonyMan
EHX Small Stone Phase Shifter
Digitech TimeBender
Boss RC-2
Fender Blues Jr. (Brown/Tan)