Hey guys. So I'm getting a new amp soon and have decided on a Blackstar HT-5.

Now, I just have to clear some stuff up and I wanna hear your opinions on these questions before I buy.

1. Would I be better off getting the combo or head + cab? I do mostly bedroom playing and jams with friends, but I heard the head and cab had a fuller low end than the combo.

and

2. If I go with the head + cab, should I stick with the stock Blackstar cab, or go with something else (Avatar perhaps?). After the head my budget would pry be 250-ish for a cab.

Thanks guys.
Strats & Seagulls
Take it over to the official blackstar thread in my sig, thats the best way to get answers.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
The easiest way to decide would be to think about how much you'll be moving the amp around. If you take it out every other day to jam at a friends, then get the combo. If not, get the head. You can get a different cab for it either way since the combo has a speaker out and can be plugged into other cabs.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by k7apex
Take it over to the official blackstar thread in my sig, thats the best way to get answers.

I probably should have thought of that before I made this thread, eh?

Quote by Metalfan41
The easiest way to decide would be to think about how much you'll be moving the amp around. If you take it out every other day to jam at a friends, then get the combo. If not, get the head. You can get a different cab for it either way since the combo has a speaker out and can be plugged into other cabs.

I actually probably won't be moving it too much, since when we jam I normally convince the guys to come over here, haha.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
I actually probably won't be moving it too much, since when we jam I normally convince the guys to come over here, haha.

Then I would go with the head, and look into a 1x12" like the post above mine stated, maybe even a 2x12" if you can get one for a reasonable price
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
Then I would go with the head, and look into a 1x12" like the post above mine stated, maybe even a 2x12" if you can get one for a reasonable price

I'm leaning more towards the head too. I think a 1x12 should suffice for now.

Any input on what brand I should look at cab-wise?
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN

Any input on what brand I should look at cab-wise?

lopoline if you want an empty cab, and load it with your own speaker
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I got an Epi Valve Jr. 1x12, I'm pretty happy with it.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON