So finally, after my three week ordeal with Musician's Friend, I received the right amplifier.

STORY TIME!

For those who don't know, I'll tell the story. I ordered my amplifier (see below) from Musiciansfriend over the phone. They were very helpful, gave me my tracking number and everything. I was very excited, because I ordered it on a Tuesday night and it was set to come in the next Monday (I live in Alaska so 2-Day shipping takes a while).
Anyway, the next week I had a trip I was going on for a week, so I was only able to get it when I got home.

When I finally returned from the trip, I was stoked to plug in my new amp. I looked at the box and it said "Marshall MG100DFX." Oh its just the box, the right amp is inside, I thought. I opened the box and there was a Marshall footswitch. Uh oh. I proceed to open the box and realize they did in fact send me a Marshall MG100DFX. ****

I call Musiciansfriend, staying very calm, and tell them my problem. They say to call back on Tuesday (I called on Sunday) and they could help me further. So I wait two anxious days and call back. The same guy tells me that they'll send me a prepaid USPS label to send the 60 lb. piece of **** back. He says the send me the right amp once they get a tracking number to see the MG coming back. He says it'll either come regular mail or email. So Wednesday passes, no mail. Thursday passes, no mail. Friday comes, no mail. Well **** I better call them. I do and the lady tells me it was sent on Tuesday and should be in my email inbox. What?! It's not there. She sends me another copy and I hang up. Hours go by and no email. I call back and tell them it must be my inbox rejecting it, send it to my Gmail. She takes down the Gmail address and sure enough, 6 hours later that night, my prepaid label pops up.

Now its Saturday and I rush the box to the Post Office and ship the amp off. I pay 70 cents to get the tracking number. I call Musician's Friend the next day (Sunday). First I'm on hold for 30 minutes, then I finally get a lady and give her the number and ask about getting my amp shipped off, then I get put on hold for 20 minutes. She comes back saying "We can't ship your amp off until that one gets here." WHAT THE ****?! It's a 60 lb. box coming from Alaska, I say, it could be weeks!!! She apologizes and says we can place another order to speed things up and I'll get the same original sale price + free Overnight UPS shipping. I at first say its too complicated and hang up.

After cooling off, I think rationally and say, well I guess if they make sure not to double charge me, then might as well place another order. So I call back and get on hold for 15 more minutes before I get a guy. I explain the situation and how they said I could place a new order. He tells me I can't. I ask "Why the hell not?" He says that since I already sent the amp back, we have to go that route because its already in the computer as a return. I start telling him what the other lady told me and he gets mouthy. I politely try and send him the message to shut his ****ing mouth, that I've been through enough and finally he agrees to give me the same discounted price + free shipping on a new order. He gives me my number and that's that.

Now it's Wednesday, and I come home from biking to realize there sits my amp I ordered. Quite an ordeal?! You bet your ass it was.

Now, the long awaited pics:

There she is . A brand spanking new, never used, Peavey Valveking 112 Combo. I plug her in and she screams! Definitely worth the wait I had to endure. It makes it all the more sweeter once I finally got it. It's my first tube amp and I'm already pissing off neighbors by cranking it! I can only imagine what a speaker upgrade will do to this baby.

Clips will come soon!
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
HNAD!

when are you planning to do the mods?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Glad you got your amp!

I still haven't gotten that Marshall MG i ordered for my little cousin...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I Love Valvekings
try these settings. Best I've ever heard from a VK (stock)

Drive: 4
Bass 10
Middle 4.5
Treble 8.5 (3 oclock)
Extra drive and volume switches pushed in

HNAD
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
I Lol'd through the whole story. I'm sorry, the ordeal must have sucked, but it made an excellent story!

Nice amp! I'd love to get one of those someday.

HNAD!
The people at MF were nice, until I actually started saying "There's a problem here and at first it was a mistake but now its lack of communication on your part that is screwing customers like me over.

And on top of that, after I hung up with the guy he had the audacity to tell me, "We have another sale going on, would you like to purchase some stuff?"
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Glad you got your amp!

You're very lucky.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Glad you got your amp!

HNAD!
I have a huge fear if rays.
well congrats on finally getting your new amp.

enjoy
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
HNAD!

Man that sucks that it took so long. I've only had great experiences with MF.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

You don't have a very good relationship with your little cousin, do you?

HNAD, TS!
Quote by jimtaka
HNAD!

Man that sucks that it took so long. I've only had great experiences with MF.

They said the problem of getting shipped the wrong item only happens about 40-50 times per year. I just wish that they had shipped me a full tube Marshall JVM combo instead of just the crappy MG
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
They said the problem of getting shipped the wrong item only happens about 40-50 times per year. I just wish that they had shipped me a full tube Marshall JVM combo instead of just the crappy MG

Yeah 40-50 times when somebody gets stuck with crap. If somebody orders a spider and they get a Mesa they are not going to send it back
HNAD
stuff like that happens I guess....

Glad to see everything is sorted and pissing off the neighbors

HNAD

visit the VK thread if you have not already. You can find it in the Sticky entitled: Banned threads and a list of good ones. They will help you get the most out of your VK....

^Do you have any idea how much ****ing ASS that would kick?

EDIT:****. That was to Rhoads_1096o
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
That's what you get for not ordering the amp online

HNAD!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Well that was anti-climatic. I was expecting something a little better than a Valveking.

But, if you like it, HNAD!!!

- A Former Valveking Owner
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
stuff like that happens I guess....

Glad to see everything is sorted and pissing off the neighbors

HNAD

visit the VK thread if you have not already. You can find it in the Sticky entitled: Banned threads and a list of good ones. They will help you get the most out of your VK....

I just checked it out. Major props to you for compiling that There's definitely some great info and the speaker recommendations you give are fantastic! The stock speaker is allright, but I'm thinking replacing it will clear up a bit of that muddiness.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Ah I was waiting for the end of this story. Nice pickup too, I was thinking about getting one of these and modding the crap out of it when I was looking for a new amp. You'll have some fun with your new VK I'm sure.

HNAD!

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
All that just for a Valveking?

I kid, I kid, happy new amp day, it sucks how they sent an MG, I'm sure after all your troubles you must have felt so satisfied to see the VK arive. I know if that happened to me I'd be so pissed off.
Damn soul.power, I'm glad you got that hideous amp out of your house and got the one you actually ordered.

Must feel good to put all the MF bs behind you and crank that ****.

HNAD bud