Hey everyone, there is not the biggest point to this thread, but i did want to share with everyone that I have found the "one" guitar It is not the most expensive or highest quality guitar, but it is just perfect in my hands playability wise. It was a gift from a friend, a 2006 Fender Standard Stratocaster in chrome red with a maple neck. It is a few years old, but it is still new, its been hanging on the wall at the guitar store he works at, that i used to work at, for some time, and i have always had my eye on it, but he got it for me.

The pickups are great, but not perfect, and way down the road, i may upgrade them, but this is the first guitar that i do not want to rip apart and change stuff around in, so we will see later if i want to bother with a pup change. i have had it for a month, and since i got it, it has been everything i could ask for, but i have realized that it is perfect and it is the "one" i have been looking for!

feel free to share similar stories or tell us about that "one" axe that just seems to melt in your hands.

ps. thank you Paco, or Juan, or Jose, or Marco, or Horatio, or Ignacio, or Jorge for building this MIM strat so perfectly just for me
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

You racist bastard
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
yeah, that last part may have been uncalled for but i thought it fit well. i should save that type of behavior for the pit. sorry guys
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

very nice , i think i have my one already, its also a mim strat, but the white is fading into a creamy yellowish look that is fantasitc
,, glad u found the 1
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
my GAS for a new guitar has completely died since i got it too
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

-Matt

Sláinte

Paco and Juan must be so proud that you enjoyed their slave labour.

Your guitar is a beaut, Spootz. :P However, you say you love it just as it is, so I don't think you really need to upgrade the pups.

A few months back, I purchased a Squier Telecaster Custom. Amazing guitar, and it feels very comfortable in my hands. I knew from when I first saw it that I'd HAVE to get it.
You forgot George, pronounced Hoarhey.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
i got him but i accidentally spelled it Jorge.
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by kerokero
Paco and Juan must be so proud that you enjoyed their slave labour.

Your guitar is a beaut, Spootz. :P However, you say you love it just as it is, so I don't think you really need to upgrade the pups.

A few months back, I purchased a Squier Telecaster Custom. Amazing guitar, and it feels very comfortable in my hands. I knew from when I first saw it that I'd HAVE to get it.

ive had my eyes on this one for over a year at the shop and always wanted it. the pups will most likely remain stock, im not looking for an upgrade at all, just open minded to it
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

-Matt

Sláinte

How about you remove the racist comments on the end of your post?

Congrats on finding the "one" also. I found my "one" a few months ago as well. It happened to be a 2009 American Deluxe Strat.
Quote by spootz
ive had my eyes on this one for over a year at the shop and always wanted it. the pups will most likely remain stock, im not looking for an upgrade at all, just open minded to it

KK. Post up some tunes that you play on the guitar, if you want. I'd love to here the mroe recent MIM's in action.

@jimtaka-But then that's like, half the thread. :O
Quote by jimtaka
How about you remove the racist comments on the end of your post?

Congrats on finding the "one" also. I found my "one" a few months ago as well. It happened to be a 2009 American Deluxe Strat.

It's not racist, you fool, it was a joke. Who else would have made a guitar in Mexico? Dan? Eric? No, probably Spanish people.

EDIT: TS, that is one sweet axe you have there, I'm glad you found one that you love
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
mines a fender mustang with a bridge humbucker but ill have to wait about six months for that one.
My guitar is a Schecter C-1. Without any fancy prefix. Played one recently and it has just the most perfect feel to it. Hopefully I can afford it around Christmas or so.

Anyway, nice guitar. It will look amazing with age, with the pickguard cream-ening, as 3hta_bryce stated.
Quote by Wulphy
It's not racist, you fool, it was a joke. Who else would have made a guitar in Mexico? Dan? Eric? No, probably Spanish people.

Just because something is a joke does not mean that it is inherently not racist. Whether or not is or is not intended to be or comes across as racist... I'm pretty sure that there's a good number of people that might find it offensive. Frankly, I was doing the guy a favor telling him to remove it. I've seen people get warned for comments like that. I'm not going to do it, but another mod might. And why is it that there cannot be people in Mexico named Dan or Eric? I'm fairly certain that there are people in American with all of the names he listed.
hmm whaere have i seen that b4.....

o yea my room lol
nice choice
american tho
06 as well
TBH i like my MIM fat strat the best
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Last edited by someguy27 at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by jimtaka
Just because something is a joke does not mean that it is inherently not racist. Whether or not is or is not intended to be or comes across as racist... I'm pretty sure that there's a good number of people that might find it offensive. Frankly, I was doing the guy a favor telling him to remove it. I've seen people get warned for comments like that. I'm not going to do it, but another mod might. And why is it that there cannot be people in Mexico named Dan or Eric? I'm fairly certain that there are people in American with all of the names he listed.

Yup, and there are Asians with the name of Dan or Eric too, but when you think Asian, I'm certain that even you, the racist police, think of a name like Li or Wong.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by spootz
yeah, that last part may have been uncalled for but i thought it fit well. i should save that type of behavior for the pit. sorry guys

Well i thought it was funny! and nice guitar man, i want one!
Very nice. If you ever decide to change the pups, I recommend Lindy Fralin's. Amazing pups, better than anything else I've tried in a Strat.
Quote by Wulphy
Yup, and there are Asians with the name of Dan or Eric too, but when you think Asian, I'm certain that even you, the racist police, think of a name like Li or Wong.

I am not the racist police; I am a Super Moderator on these forums. I'm not sure what your problem is. Like I said, I was trying to save the guy some trouble. Somebody else might have just warned him.

Quote by The UG Rules
NO RACIST/VULGAR/GORE IMAGES OR CONTENT
- What is deemed appropriate or not is decided by the moderators. Use your common sense or ask a mod before posting if you are unsure.
Punishment: Decided by the moderator. This may include a warning or ban, and your post or thread will most likely be deleted.

As you can see, racist content is against the rules. What is deemed appropriate or not is decided by the moderators. It is my opinion that some Mexican people might find the comment offensive. It's simple enough to remove it. I didn't get mad at the guy. I didn't issue him a warning. I just asked that he remove the comment.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. This thread is about a guy who found a guitar he loves, not about you arguing with me. And frankly, I don't really appreciate you calling me a fool or patronizing me with the "racist police" remark. It's not like I made some absurd remark or demand or banned the guy. I would be much more inclined to ban you for your comments to me in this thread actually. I'm just doing my job. If you have a problem, PM me.