On a recent tab I found it says (falsetto) A, G
is that some sort of progression from a to the g?
Thanks for any help
It's the high part of your voice, when you're no longer in your normal range, you go into a higher sounding range, almost girly.
A falsetto is like a note that is higher than your normal voice range, like just a really high note you can hit like when you're... I dunno squealing or something haha
Just basically a high note you can't get to in your comfortable vocal range
Think Rob Halford when he goes really high.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Rob Halford sometimes and Phil Anselmo do falsetto.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
You had me in a panic. For a second I thought google was down...but it turns out you're just lazy.

First result: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsetto
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
But the question says he found the notation on a tab... not a vocal score or a lyric sheet.

Mislabeled, perhaps? Can you post a link to this tab so we can see it?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
yeh its a really high note u hit wen u sing think justin hawkins or king diamond
It's when you stop singing in your normal chest range and go into high notes, singing from the throat.
If its referring to guitar I'd guess it either means harmonics or improv - I'm sure I read something about improv being called 'false music' historically, or something like that....don't quote me on that though, I'm just guessing.
it's a type of sexual positon.

no, really, it's the part where Elliott says "on on and Ooooohoonnnn" in the bridge part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2sfwky4RqQ. He uses falsetto there. If you try and make a girl's voice (assuming you are a guy) that is falsetto.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Holy.... read the question, folks. It's found in a guitar tab, not a vocal score or lyric sheet.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Some guitar pro tabs tab out the vocal melody? Maybe that but i doubt it really...
as the pit would say:

Pics or it's an MG

EDIT: MG=misguided
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Jul 30, 2009,
Falsetto is basically throat voice as opposed to chest voice which is the "normal" voice. That high girly voice guys have is falsetto(when you scream like a girl, you use falsetto), some artists use it for songs (Only one that comes to mind right now is Muse, he does it a LOT)

This is a VOCAL thingy. If this is listed on some guitar tab, the tabber is either a moron, tabbed both vocals and guitar, or forgot how harmonics are called (in a messed up totally false way you could look at falsetto as the vocal instrument's harmonics)
Rubys.
We could change the world if we had the source code.
Last edited by Rubys at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
almost girly?
There's nothing girly about reaching higher notes.

Sure there is. Just like there's something masculine about hitting the bass notes in a barbershop quartet.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by Rubys
This is a VOCAL thingy. If this is listed on some guitar tab, the tabber is either a moron, tabbed both vocals and guitar, or forgot how harmonics are called (in a messed up totally false way you could look at falsetto as the vocal instrument's harmonics)

Maybe it was just a note to indicate the part of the song. Like "here are the chords behind the falsetto part."
or maybe... people dont know guitar vocabulary, and thought it was a harmonic?