Your hands are both making really small movements which is good. Your hands are sync'ed up and you seem to be relaxed. It's hard to tell whether your tone sounds good though because of the distortion and music in the background. I'd work on your timing also, some of it is slightly off, but nothing too drastic.

I'd say your playing's really good.
Is it normal for my wrist to bend that much when I fret a chord like 2 4 4 (EAD strings)?
You tell us, it's your wrist
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You tell us, it's your wrist

There used to be discomfort because my strap was lower but after raising it, the discomfort has significantly been reduced but I still worry about carpal tunnel because of it.
If it's comfortable then that's the important thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

your picking hand/arm looks kinda awkward and tense, you'll probably loosen up over time.

also try up/down strokes on the chorus rather than constantly down picking, it needs that open ringy sound.
Definitely get a tuner and practice get bends right on pitch. I had (and on the high e-string have) trouble getting the pitches spot on. I didn't help that my bassist friend and my mom both had perfect pitch, so bluesy solos were (are) Hell.

Another thing I noticed - you weren't anchoring, which can only be good. I couldn't tell if you were alternate picking. I did see that a lot of those powerchords were all downpicked, which is good in some ways, but it does help to use an upstroke to keep rhythm. If you already use it, great. If not, learn it and practice it, that's the best technique ever.
Learn to alternate pick and play with open hand, not keeping your hand in a wrist.
Anchoring while doing that is prefered by me... But many say it's not good so see what you like best

Also try to pick more from the wrist...
Last edited by KoenDercksen at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by KoenDercksen
Learn to alternate pick and play with open hand, not keeping your hand in a wrist.
Anchoring while doing that is prefered by me... But many say it's not good so see what you like best

nah i disagree with this, open hand just means you have a weight hanging from your pick, curling in your fingers means your hand is more balanced so it takes less effort to do upstrokes.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
No way is better than the other.

Whatever way is easiest and more comfortable to you is the best way for YOU.
Quote by KoenDercksen
?
Quote by KoenDercksen
When did you make that up... ^^

That's just retarded, sorry. Playing with open hand lets you keep rhythm way better than playing with closed wrist. It feels alot more natural and you can make more speed with open hand.
It feels a lot more natural to YOU.

Having my hand closed feels more natural to me. Sometimes I keep it open though, because it allows me to cover a greater area with my palm mute.

Nothing wrong with a closed hand.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by KoenDercksen
When did you make that up... ^^

That's just retarded, sorry. Playing with open hand lets you keep rhythm way better than playing with closed wrist. It feels alot more natural and you can make more speed with open hand.

from loads of amazing alt pickers like shawn lane and paul gilbert and a really good picking dvd by ney mello where he swears by keeping your fingers curled.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
from loads of amazing alt pickers like shawn lane and paul gilbert and a really good picking dvd by ney mello where he swears by keeping your fingers curled.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it is best for everyone.

I actually feel more tension in my hand when I play with my fingers curled so I let them relax and play with more of an open handed technique.

Is it the best way........YES...for me anyways. Maybe not for you.

Guitar is all about playing in a way that is easiest and more efficient for you.
Quote by KoenDercksen

Anchoring is BAD - end of discussion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc