Ok, well currently im running a carvin x100b (80's model) through a custom made 2x12..

I love the cleans and the lead tones on this amp no question it sings.. However, it lacks in any form of rhythym tone, which is what i play in my band.. Im currently using an boss mt-2 metal zone. :'( and after playing with it for about a freaking year ive honestly gotten not horrible tones out of it thanks to the x100, HOWEVER.. im looking for something perhaps a little more versatile, and far better sounding, and an amp is not an option right now due to money, and the fact i love the rest of my amp...

So im getting a new distortion pedal. I need something that can do heavy stuff.. I LOVE recto's sounds, and a bogner uberschall, (I know i cant get a pedal to sound like that, but i like tones LIKE that).. I listen to literaly anything with a guitar, and love heavy stuff like, all that remains, avenged sevenfold, killswitch engage, and lighter-ish stuff than that like shinedown, system of a down, tool, anything really..

any thoughts on ( http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tech-21-SansAmp-Tri-A-C--Distortion-Pedal-151794-i1124576.gc )

or what would you guys recomend?

Price isnt really a determining factor as long as its not over 300 (not that hard)

IF YOU DONT LIKE TO READ-

I need a new heavy distortion pedal, not really a price limit!
Electro harmonix metal muff is without a doubt one of the best metal pedals i have purchased. i have bought and used the boss metal core (not that good), the metalzone (also not that great), and a digitech death metal (worst of all) but the EHX metal muff has great tone with a good EQ section and is very user friendly. i would suggest giving it a try at your local shop if they carry it.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I've heard it through youtube and honestly was not that impressed with it, however people rave about it, is it versatile at all? Maybe i will have to try one out?
Im not a fan of the metal muff. The pedal in youre link should be pretty good. The Tech 21 GT2 is also a good good, versatile pedal that can good good heavy tones
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Yeah ive looked at the gt2, no mid knob gets me, i love to actually boost my mids now and than.. love cuttin through at practice..

I guess ill go check those 2 out at GC if i can, what do you guys think of peavey distortion pedals?