Im kinda a beginner at guitar and i was wondering exactly what is equalization? thanks alot
equalization is when you control the high, low and mid tones through out the treble bass and mid knobs respectively.
treble (high) you control the high frequencies in your amp, if you crank the knob past mid o' clock you get a bright sound
mid, you control the mid frequencies if you turn the knob of your guitar counter clockwise you get a sound like if it was kind of hollow
and the bass you control the low frequencies if you turn the knob clockwise it will sound darker and heavier.
Same thing as highs and lows on any stantard stereo, your mp3 player probably has an equalizer too. The more bands you have, the more precisely you can control your sound. Guitars usually have 3 bands, some people like adding external equalizers to control the sound a bit more.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Hey! Let the guy ask the beginner questions...

They're the only ones I can answer