So somewhere I heard about some budget pickups that I could put in my Strat and make it sound a lot better than what I paid. I think Al told me about this company. Anyways, the set of 3 single coils is $99 and it seems too good to be true for the reviews these things are getting. Harmony central is giving the set and average of 9.8 out of 16 reviews!

Does anyone have experience or know of the quality of these things? It's the Pure Vintage set btw. Is it too good to be true, or are these some hidden inexpensive gem?
3 for $99 is not bad, but if you know where to look (ebay...hint hint) you can get 3 Texas Specials for around $99, although if you just have a standard taco strat, just about any set of new pickups will be an upgrade IMO.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I have a set of Crunchy Pats (GFS) and they aren't bad. I just heard that this guy in Hong Kong uses USA parts and builds them in China so it is cheap or something. The sounds clips sound pretty good too.

^^I have seen Fender CS 54 or 69 pups for around $130. Never seen texas specials that cheap.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I have a set of Crunchy Pats (GFS) and they aren't bad. I just heard that this guy in Hong Kong uses USA parts and builds them in China so it is cheap or something. The sounds clips sound pretty good too.

^^I have seen Fender CS 54 or 69 pups for around $130. Never seen texas specials that cheap.

There's an ebay store called the STRATosphere (clever pun IMO) where you can get all sorts of strat pickups cheap, and like I said you can get 3 texas specials for around $99, but you have to buy them individually.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.