So I'm kinda in this band right now where I'm the lead guitarist/vocalist, but my drummer is constantly busy and we haven't practiced since January. So I've been thinking that since the bassist for this other band is moving, I should see if I can play bass for them temporarily, until I get things with my main band started back up.

However, my drummer might think I'm giving up on our band, which I'm not. I just really want to play in a band again.

Do you guys think I should go for it?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
If you haven't practiced since january then it's not really a band. Go for it though. If your drummer doesn't like it than maybe it'll be more encouragement to practice.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Quote by JordantheAxe
If you haven't practiced since january then it's not really a band. Go for it though. If your drummer doesn't like it than maybe it'll be more encouragement to practice.

I definitely agree. If he (drummer) really cared, he'd make more of an effort to practice, right?
Quote by Travesty_Prone
I definitely agree. If he (drummer) really cared, he'd make more of an effort to practice, right?

Well he really does care, it's just he never has time to get together. Good point though, to you and to the guy above.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Last edited by gbgg9409 at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by gbgg9409
Well he really does care, it's just he never has time to get together. Good point though, to you and to the guy above.

Helpful tip: Everyone has the time. Not everyone has the time for you. If people want something they will make it happen. If they don't they won't.

This applies to band members, girls, friends, bosses...basically everyone. Don't let them waste your time. Anyone who claims they "don't have the time" is lying.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Bass is the heat!

You get to be the energy, the drive, the thump, the painfull ghost of the brown note! I love playing bass. There's a simplicity too it, but then im not that good, but sometimes you dont have to be.

Bass is just so much damn fun sometimes!
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Join that band for bass if you want, but the more obvious thing to do here if you're serious about your main project is to off the drummer and get a new one. You haven't practiced in 6 months. In those 6 months you could have progressed so far it's laughable. New, committed drummer with time.

Don't be rude to your current one, and I'm sure he'll understand. "Hey, buddy, you are way to busy and for the sake of moving forward we're getting a new drummer." No harm.