Now. Today i went to boston by tram for the first time today, i live out in the country so its a big deal, i was going to fenway.... but as I was walking around i found guitar center( i know it sucks but its a big deal cause it was a huge store.. well my local music shop only has MG's and line 6's so i figure soon I'l have about 700 for a new amp. I have a line 6 spider II.. save me!.

and looking at my price range i found this this now that seems like a spider due to its presets.. so is that a good amp or should I look into something else.

I play stuff like Chiodos, Escape the Fate. that kind of stuff.

Thanks. for helping with this cliche topic.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
It's not too bad of an amp. I believe thats one of the tube powered ones so thats nice. I thought it sounded kind of dry when I played it. It lacked the kind of "umph" that tubes had.

For 700 bucks you can do MUCH better, especially if you're willing to go used. Check your local CL or the Boston CL and look for amps. Check on eBay too.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
With $700 you may want to try a few tube amps over an SS.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i know. I really want something that can play that kind of stuff. I want to have a general idea at what to look at when i go in... so i don't get "hey look at this line 6 over here" like every store does now.

I went to craigs list and found This
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Jul 30, 2009,
it's not really tube, it has 1 tube in the preamp, doesn't really do much for the tone. as for the amp, it's better then a spider, but it's still a modeling amp. also i found that for their wattage, these amps are very quiet

edit: i mean the vox btw, the mesa is probably quite good.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Last edited by viper_mike at Jul 30, 2009,
you could easily do better for $700 then that Vox, it's a good amp for $250 (30 watt), but not $700. like you posted, look around craigslist for some Peavey 6505+, Dual Rectifiers and maybe a Flextone.

good luck!
After looking I would really like a Mesa boogie or a Orange amp. i know the only hope for a mesa is used for my price range. but what about orange i cound't find a dealer with prices.

I forgot to say this amp has to be able to play small shows up to mabye about a 1000 seat theater.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Jul 30, 2009,
I would get that if you like to play everything, the versatility is endless, especially with the effects, my ad50vt is awesome i can't imagine what that would be like but look at everything, i honestly couldn't suggest anything else, if you're just into one style of music though i would look at something else. It's still a good amp, some people tend to stay away from these because they aren't real tube amps (they still have a tube in them) but i love them. Oh and if you love to use effects get it, save you alot of money...
Honestly, all these other modelling amps(minus vetta and flextone), are not really much of an upgrade from your spider.

You could probably get a used 6505 or if your lucky a mesa. Mesa f30 and f50 go used for about that much.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Honestly, all these other modelling amps(minus vetta and flextone), are not really much of an upgrade from your spider.

You could probably get a used 6505 or if your lucky a mesa. Mesa f30 and f50 go used for about that much.

Has anybody seen what he's posted? There's a Mesa Nomad 55watt in his area used for $700. I haven't heard this particular amp, but if it's anything like the rest of Mesas it's a great amp.
Have you seen the head version of this? It's like $500 dollars cheaper on ebay, if you dont mind the stack. The head sounds great.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=vox+ad100vth&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
i didnt read all of the posts but i own the VT50, its great if you want a modeling amp, however if you plan on playing a lot of live stuff id go for a full tube amp.
I play mine at church and for home practice, thats about it.
It does have some nice cleans, but most of the distorted channels sound similar.
if your spending 700 id look for something with more than one tube!
and if u have any questions about the amp id be happy to help!
Quote by viper_mike
it's not really tube, it has 1 tube in the preamp, doesn't really do much for the tone. as for the amp, it's better then a spider, but it's still a modeling amp. also i found that for their wattage, these amps are very quiet

edit: i mean the vox btw, the mesa is probably quite good.

It's not in the preamp, it's in the poweramp, do your research before giving advice.
Look for a used peavey jsx

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.