I was planning to over a course of about a year or less completely upgrading my jackson. I have planned to put on the following: gold original floyd rose, EMG 81's and drilling new holes to put in a pickguard. If you guys could help me find a gold original floyd rose for about $100-150. Thanks in advance.
You will have to look used for the trem in that price methinks... out of curiosity, what RR model do you own?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Your gonna have to spend about 50 bucks more for that one buddy. At least a new one. I just checked warmoth. But maybe ebay will have it
Quote by AceMyst52
RR3 its black with the blood red outline

You don't like the Duncan's? I liked the sound of that guitar, but if it's not your thing then hey. But may i suggest a look into some blackouts? They have a wider range of tone in my opinion.
Quote by athlete1
You don't like the Duncan's? I liked the sound of that guitar, but if it's not your thing then hey. But may i suggest a look into some blackouts? They have a wider range of tone in my opinion.

I think EMG's rape Blackouts, but that's me. EMG's produce a way more brutal tone than blackouts. And EMG's are way easier to find used. you can find an 81/85 for under $100 no problem within a year. As for the floyd, originals are like $160+. Maybe get a used one off ebay.

EDIT: What kind of pickguard? Any pickguard on a rhoads would look ugly. You mean replacing the existing control plate?

And don't get gold. First off it'll look ugly on a black and red guitar. Just get cosmo black or just straight black. Second, it's ugly.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Jul 30, 2009,
i mean the pickguards that are on the higher end RR's

Edit: my jackson doesnt currently have a pickguard
Last edited by AceMyst52 at Jul 30, 2009,
I think if you wanna get gold have a hay day with it. **** anyone who complains!

And about the EMG and Blackout thing...

Go play on guitars with them yourself. You never know which one you might like better. As you can see, its strictly opinion.
Quote by apak
I think EMG's rape Blackouts, but that's me. EMG's produce a way more brutal tone than blackouts. And EMG's are way easier to find used. you can find an 81/85 for under $100 no problem within a year. As for the floyd, originals are like $160+. Maybe get a used one off ebay.

EDIT: What kind of pickguard? Any pickguard on a rhoads would look ugly. You mean replacing the existing control plate?

And don't get gold. First off it'll look ugly on a black and red guitar. Just get cosmo black or just straight black. Second, it's ugly.

so sterile br00t4l tone is more important than versatility?

and your whole comment on the gold floyd is just stupid. don't force your opinions on others.

to TS, the likeliness of you finding a gold OFR for 150 is a little far fetched. try a gold Gotoh floyd if you want OFR quality without the pricetag
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
so sterile br00t4l tone is more important than versatility?

and your whole comment on the gold floyd is just stupid. don't force your opinions on others.

to TS, the likeliness of you finding a gold OFR for 150 is a little far fetched. try a gold Gotoh floyd if you want OFR quality without the pricetag

No, but who buys a black and red rhoads for versatility. The tone is so trashy, it's MADE for metal. I have one. I know. And EMG's are versatile. I don't get how Blackouts are even suitable to playing other genres. They sound like active pickups. They're made for metal, and they may be better than EMG's in versatility, EMG's are better as actives because EMG's are better for metal. And at 18v, it's pretty good. i mean, they have more headroom than any passive i've tried in my life.
EMG's are easily accessible. you can't find a pair of blackouts for $90 ever, but you can for EMG's. I say trade the set you have on your jackson for the emg's that's what I did.

EDIT: DAMN. it did sound forced. I meant second, It'll be more expensive LOL. Whoa. Look who's tired as ****
And about the gold floyd.. I'm just sayin... I'm not forcing anything. That's just my character I guess. people seem to think I force a lot of things, but I don't. I can't state my opinion? People state opinions all the time. It's a part of this forum and life in general.

And +1 to the gotoh. They are the best you can get in your budget.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by apak
No, but who buys a black and red rhoads for versatility. The tone is so trashy, it's MADE for metal. I have one. I know. And EMG's are versatile. I don't get how Blackouts are even suitable to playing other genres. They sound like active pickups. They're made for metal, and they may be better than EMG's in versatility, EMG's are better as actives because EMG's are better for metal. And at 18v, it's pretty good. i mean, they have more headroom than any passive i've tried in my life.
EMG's are easily accessible. you can't find a pair of blackouts for $90 ever, but you can for EMG's. I say trade the set you have on your jackson for the emg's that's what I did.

And about the gold floyd.. I'm just sayin... I'm not forcing anything. That's just my character I guess. people seem to think I force a lot of things, but I don't. I can't state my opinion? People state opinions all the time. It's a part of this forum and life in general.

And +1 to the gotoh. They are the best you can get in your budget.

Well opinions are stated, but when you start getting into the This is better than That it can get kind of touchy. Id be careful with that. Some people love EMGs and hate Blackouts while i know alot of people who think EMGs suck ass and Blackouts are god.

I still say you play guitars with them in before u decide.
Quote by apak
No, but who buys a black and red rhoads for versatility.

got me by the balls there
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Just out of curiosity, have you got a picture of your RR, ive never seen an RR3 with red bevels before
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP
Just out of curiosity, have you got a picture of your RR, ive never seen an RR3 with red bevels before

Me either. Plus it's an older model by the sounds of it. Maybe a refinish?

Quote by apak
No, but who buys a black and red rhoads for versatility.

To mind**** everyone. "Wow, that's some nice blues. Wait, he's using a VERY metal guitar. wtf?!"