Ok well i have ran into some money and i have decided its time i get some effects. I decided i want the Line 6 POD XT Live i have read up alot on the multi effects board and i did not answer all my questions. Does this thing have an acoustic simulator? Is it worth the buy? And also people have been telling me I should spend the extra $ 100 for the X3 live. Shall I? Why? Sorry if this make me look like a noob.
If this helps at all I have an ESP LTD KH-202, VOX AD50VT, I play a range from thrash to blues and I am about an intermediate skill level. If you need more info just ask.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by zoso_boy99 at Jul 30, 2009,
A modeler won't go very well with your amp, but to answer your question yes there is an acoustic simulator.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
because it has all the effects built in
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
No because your modeling processor will blend with modeling amps processor in ways most people don't like. Even by passing the preamp the tone is thin and lifeless. I have 2 modeling amps and my POD doesn't work that great with either of them.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
I have been wanting to get a new amp anyways. So I would like to get a tube amp I have a price limit of about $550. If you could give me so opinions and recommendations that would be great.
Last edited by zoso_boy99 at Jul 31, 2009,
Instead of getting a tube amp, which colors the tone of a POD, and such, look into a Tech 21 Power Engine, or an Atomic Reactor Amp. These amps are built specifically for using effects processors such as PODs. I'm not exactly sure of the technology behind the amps, but they basically help your POD sound more "alive, and organic," or something like that. Read some reviews. Personally, I would just plug directly into the PA from a POD. The only time I think I would use an amp with the POD would be in my house (no PA), or at a gig as a monitor, if you don't have one. You can plug a POD into an amp, and mic it. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's not my preference. And I believe the Tech 21 and the Atomic are both in your price range.
im with you man. its tough to find specifics on these things. i've heard good things about the pod and the vox tonelab, the tonelab i know has an acoustic simulator. ive been looking for one as well, especially one with an acoustic sim.

anyone know how they sound plugged through a tube amp?
Depends on the tube amp. i've had mine hooked to a Valve Junior and Blues Junior. I like both. The BJ gets the win because it's 15 watts instead of 5, but i like alot of the tones form the VJ also. Especially those of you that lean towards AC15/30 type tones. But I also like the SLO100 and hiwatt models. Go to GC and plug in to as much as you can and decide for yourself. can't speak to the tonelab, but for those of you with POD's the better you understand the unit the better your results will be. I've only tried the power engine with an axe-fx and that is very sweet for around $2000. I have yet to find an atomic amp to try.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Depends on the tube amp. i've had mine hooked to a Valve Junior and Blues Junior. I like both. The BJ gets the win because it's 15 watts instead of 5, but i like alot of the tones form the VJ also. Especially those of you that lean towards AC15/30 type tones. But I also like the SLO100 and hiwatt models. Go to GC and plug in to as much as you can and decide for yourself. can't speak to the tonelab, but for those of you with POD's the better you understand the unit the better your results will be. I've only tried the power engine with an axe-fx and that is very sweet for around $2000. I have yet to find an atomic amp to try.

Yeah, I haven't seen Atomic in any store either. My uncle said he thought he saw them at NAMM, though. So, if you can get into there . . . =P