Thanks guys. Carmen, may I suggest that you have an awesome avatar? I can't stop looking at it.

Project, what's "scruched up"? Sorry but my main language isn't English. Do you mean that it's bent like this?
\
|
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Thanks guys. Carmen, may I suggest that you have an awesome avatar? I can't stop looking at it.

Project, what's "scruched up"? Sorry but my main language isn't English. Do you mean that it's bent like this?
\
|

Like when I play, I hold the pick in my Index and Thumb, and then have my fingers limp and loose, but "straight" out.

I can't be sure, but on yours, it looks like your fingers are kinda bent and tensed up.
Hahaha, loved the Microsoft Sam count in!

Overall, very nice. Pretty commonplace jazz feel. May I suggest throwing in some double notes on the bends, to maybe add some dissonance, and working with that? It always seems to add alot of feels, and sounds great when done properly.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173211 Can you check out my recording?
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Last edited by BreakingBnj at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by urik

\
|

Don't worry, your english is always fine, 'scruched' is not a word. He meant scrunched up; basically you aren't anchoring your picking hand by laying your unused fingers on the pickguard/body. This is actually better (arguably, it all depends on the player) for speed and control, so no worries.

I think your tone is a bit thin for jazz, but its all personal preference, maybe roll off the tone more on the neck pickup. If you get tired of just using E blues for soloing, maybe start playing the changes, which means to improvise using the tones from each chord as they come.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Thanks BreakingBnj, your advice has been taken into account.
Roxxin, I know that it was way slower, but that's the best backing track that I found and I didn't think that it sounded worse if played slower.
Quote by aetherspear
Don't worry, your english is always fine, 'scruched' is not a word. He meant scrunched up; basically you aren't anchoring your picking hand by laying your unused fingers on the pickguard/body. This is actually better (arguably, it all depends on the player) for speed and control, so no worries.

I think your tone is a bit thin for jazz, but its all personal preference, maybe roll off the tone more on the neck pickup. If you get tired of just using E blues for soloing, maybe start playing the changes, which means to improvise using the tones from each chord as they come.

Thanks, I actually stopped anchoring on purpose. Some months ago I always used to anchor. I've been trying to stop anchoring for the last months and I think that I got it right. At first it was a pain in the ass, but in the end, I think that it really improved my technique.
I've been trying to improvise on the specific chord but it always sounds wrong to me. I think that I'm doing it wrong, tomorrow I'm going to check on the internet.

Projekt, I know what you mean. Most people grab their picks with their finger tips. I grab it with the finger tip of my thumb, but I hold it with the middle part of my index finger. My friends who learned with a teacher told me that he told them to grab it that way and I've been holding it like that since the beginning. I don't know if it's fine or not but so far it didn't limit my playing although I'd like to play better.
Guys thanks for the comments but I just came home from a friend's house, had some beers and it's 3:45 AM, so you're going to have to excuse me but I'm going to critic these tracks tomorrow.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 31, 2009,
Loved the playing but the tone was like a street cat on acid. I kept imagining how good it would sound on a Barney Kessel guitar.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Nicely done sir! Phrasing could use a little work but you're getting there, care to comment on my two jeff beck covers? (She's a woman and diamond dust). Located in my profile
Hey hermano argentino aqui desde chile!!

Well very well done, not flaws at all, yo seria mas agresivo, pero el jazz no es mi musica :P

Muy bien echo, y gracias por los comentarios
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.