I'm looking to buy a new amp cause my current amp (line 6 spider III 15w) ... well ... it sucks.

I have $350 to spend.
Would prefer a combo.
Need it to be loud enough for band practice and small gigs(30-40 people).
I play punk and rock, but i have pedals to cover the distortion, so something with a good clean sound would be really good.
peavey classic 30 maybe? or look at used fenders for good cleans. or a traynor ycv20wr. they have incredibly good cleans
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
what country are you in?

i found the hard way you are going to have tone problems until you hit a tube amp, but i would say a roland cube 30x (make sure its the X model) would do the trick, it will start to struggle in gigs bigger than that but i know people who mic it over PA's for bigger stuff and it sounds very good for the price. i think its $450AUD
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
I'd hit that like Carmel hits the ban button.
^He can do better than a roland, its really not much of an upgrade. Try to find a used classic 30.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Line6 Flextone (used)
Peavey Valve King (used)

What pedals are you referring to?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk

I have a rocktron wah, and some danelectro pedals(Metal II, Fuzz, Drive, and Chorus)
The danelectro pedals were cheap but they get a good distortion when i use them together. Oh i also use my friends boss noise supresser.
Quote by theacousticpunk
Line6 Flextone (used)
Peavey Valve King (used)

Yeah, see if you can find a ValveKing used for that price. If not, maybe a Peavey Vypyr (to save you with those pedals) or a Marshall MG100?
Quote by whencowsfart101
Yeah, see if you can find a ValveKing used for that price. If not, maybe a Peavey Vypyr (to save you with those pedals) or a Marshall MG100?

How many wats would be good on the peavey vypyr?
Quote by whencowsfart101

Again, no point to upgrade to a bigger modelling amp, especially not an mg.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
How about a used Fender Blues Jr. or Blackheart Handsome Devil?
"Line6 Flextone (used)"

owned the combo and play on the old Flextone 2 Heads now, love em!

Either way, I'd go ebay, buy from a reputable seller and get something used and big enough for you band's potential.

Have fun!
Guitar: Original Parker Fly Classics - Flextone HD - POD
Bass: Schecter Studio 4 - POD XT pro