I just situated my amp in the corner of my basement.
However, after putting it there, I thought of a concern, perhaps a silly one lol, but anyways, here goes...
There sometimes tends to be a lot of spiders in my basement, especially in this corner, and I was wondering what the possibility was of some crawling inside the back of the amp and making webs in there. I personally wouldn't mind to much (even though I hate the creatures), but I'm concerned that that wouldn't neccisarily be good for the amp. Or am I just being dumb and it'd be ok?
I realize there probably aren't many spider experts here, but I was just wondering if anybody's heard of something like this...
Sorry if this is a weird question, I'm just being cautious. I guess my choices are,
1: move the amp (although I like this location quite a bit)
2: quit being a pansy and don't worry about it.
3: anything else you've got.

Thanks.
If it's an open back amp, then they probably will have made a web or two there. Nothing serious though.

And I have all my amps in my room, because that's where I play

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
just be glad that your amps not a Spider
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by Frusciante2323

Hahaha, yeah.

It wouldn't affect the sound anyways if there were spiders living in there.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
spiders have a tendency to live in places they shouldnt. So id say its possible for them to get in there. However if they did, i dont think it would hurt your amp. In fact it might give you a really metal tone. Plus you know no one would want to steal it if they broke in
Quote by Frusciante2323

that did not take long
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
I'd hit that like Carmel hits the ban button.
Alright well thanks everyone, I guess that solves it.
It is an open back, 30W Vypyr.
And yes I'm glad it's not a Spyder. I would've mentioned them, but I figured it's best I didn't lol.

I guess I wasn't concerned about affecting the tone, unless they bit a wire or something. I'd think that's unlikely though. I was mainly just wary of going to move it someday and finding one in there or having like 4 dead spider carcases sliding around... ugh..
I had spider webs outside of my amp's chassis, around the transformers and tubes when I first got it. I lay down the vacuum on their ass and needless to say, they won't be causing anymore trouble.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Just crank the hell out of it for a few minutes before you move it anywhere and the spiders inside it should be dead
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
lol i just went to musiciansfriend and spiders are now like 68 bucks
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by Frusciante2323
lol i just went to musiciansfriend and spiders are now like 68 bucks

Damn...

That's expensive... especially when you can find them for free in FLAgator's basement!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
A Spider in your amp will make it sound very artificial, digital and also like a piece of ****.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
hmmm what happens if a spider touch the caps?

Will they get a fatal shock?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by FLAgatorsLP
I guess I wasn't concerned about affecting the tone, unless they bit a wire or something.

To my knowledge, spiders don't eat wire
Quote by MatrixClaw
Damn...

That's expensive... especially when you can find them for free in FLAgator's basement!

there was a massive saga about a guy who had a mouse living in his amp. UG practically adopted it. i think it would be worse for the spiders than the amp lol
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Why did I read it "Line 6 Spider living inside amp?"

I've noticed that in my Blues Jr. some spiders have made webs between the t00bz. Is this bad for the tubes, or just bad for the spiders?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO