what the heck is this??? where are the pickups and why does it cost so insanely much?
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Looks/the description makes it seem like a toy guitar.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by hellbound_jonny
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/line6-variax/10592

If you're talking about that one, I think it's because it's sound is completely electric and can only be run through a Line 6 Amplifier, as in it's sounds are already built into guitar.

I'm not 100% on that though.

There is no such thing as a guitar that can only be run through one company's amp as far as i know...

I assume you're talking about the variax? It's a MIDI guitar. There are no magnetic pickups, and it can be used to emulate the sound of many different instruments. Youtube it if you really want to find out how it sounds, and don't be so lazy next time.
Quote by Pac_man0123

There is no such thing as a guitar that can only be run through one company's amp as far as i know...

I assume you're talking about the variax? It's a MIDI guitar. There are no magnetic pickups, and it can be used to emulate the sound of many different instruments. Youtube it if you really want to find out how it sounds, and don't be so lazy next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl0w8i7sDa4

MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
oh ha sorry i forgot to post a link....... thanks guys
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Its a modelling guitar. It has individual piezo pickups in the saddles, and they go to this:

That processes the signal to give you all the different models etc.
Someone told me it was optical pick-ups or some ****?
I've always been interested in the idea of having different pick-ups for each string.
I hear this can do that aswell simulate different tunings by way of indivual pitch shifters (am I using the right term here?).
But it looks like a bloody toy.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
Someone told me it was optical pick-ups or some ****?
I've always been interested in the idea of having different pick-ups for each string.
I hear this can do that aswell simulate different tunings by way of indivual pitch shifters (am I using the right term here?).
But it looks like a bloody toy.

Yes. With individual pickups, you can have control of each string's sound.
I own the Variax 700. It's my favorite guitar. Emulates 25 different guitars and with the right equipment does it very well. The build quality is outstanding. The acoustic models through a PA and a good EQ are very real and the electric models with a POD and tube amp or power engine/atomic results in any tone or genre you want to play. Versatility in spades. It may seem pricey, but i'd have to spend between $6 & $7000 in guitars to do everything this can do.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD