I'll try to be brief, there's bit to cover. I really have no bad tuning problems, the guitars I'm currently using are average. Every few songs I check my tuning and sometimes a string will be a little out or I may have gone a little whammy crazy.

I'm looking to optimize my guitars from a tuning point of view. I'm currently playing:
Late 80's Jackson King V with a Floyd Rose in Drop C
A Gibson V in Drop Bb
Schecter Studio 4 bass, strung B Standard, only 4 strings..

Strings: I've changed string brands so many times, most recently I'm a D'Addario XL user for Guitar and Earnie Ball Slinky on the bass. At this point tone is not my first prioity, I rarely break strings as well. A type or brand of string that stays in tune better that the rest (besides flatwound) that is also available in a thick gauge is my main priority. I noticed titanium electric strings are becoming more popular and they claim the least amount of slippage. Your recommendations for my specific endeavors?

Tremolo: What artifacts help a tremolo already properly set up return to zero or stay in tune better? A specific question is, does overall stronger or looser string tension help?

Locking Tuners: Firstly, I've read people are replacing their Floyd Rose Locking nut with Locking Tuners instead (no more Locking Nut). Any feedback on this? Random thought, would having Locking Tuners and a Locking Nut do anything at all? Does slippage even exist after the nut is locked? Anyway, I'm pretty convinced that I want some Sperzel Locking Tuners for the Gibson and Schecter and I figure, if it could help at all, I'd get them for the Jackson too.

Long rants or short comments on anything mentioned would be great. I want to buy new strings and set them up over the weekend. As for the tuners, I don't have a budget for them yet but I'll figure it out in a few weeks.
Guitar: Original Parker Fly Classics - Flextone HD - POD
Bass: Schecter Studio 4 - POD XT pro
Strings: I like Ernie Ball on my guitars. They do take aq bit more stretcjing in than D'Addario but once there they hold perfectly. Tone-wise, they are much brighter and louder, too. The only better ones I have used in the past were Gibson Brite Wires and I'll be trying them again soon.

Termolo: If the materials used are good, any locking trem should last many years. Some, however, are not so good and the sharp pivot edges get blunt too quickly. When you are doing a strip-down, check the blades are sharp with no burrs or dents. Classic trems can cause sticking in the nut. When changing strings, a little graphite (pencil lead) in the slot will help the string move freely.

Lucking tuners: Of no use at all with a locking nut and not as good if used as a substitute. Only use them where there is no locking trem to get any advantage. They are ideal on classic trems where tensions are changed during play, so better suited to them than with a TOM bridge, but useful there as well.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x