hey guys I have a guitar ibanez grg270 and i'm thingking of changing the pups
to a invader pickup or a screamin demon what do you think? what would be better?
I play steve vai satch paul gillbert and the like so what do you thing i'm going to put them in my bridge position and maybe adding a coil split and do you think I should also
change my other pickups? thx!
What amp do you have?
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
i really dont think that you have a good amp, so changing pickups isnt necessary now. save more money and buy a good amp, then think about pickups.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
FYI all those guys play Dimarzio if I'm thinking right so if you want "that" sound maybe Dimarzios would be a better choice. SD are great also.
Don't bother with new pups, more so when you don't even know the difference between them. First find what is wrong with your tone that you want to change.
Quote by Ghold125
Don't bother with new pups, more so when you don't even know the difference between them. First find what is wrong with your tone that you want to change.

the problem with my sound is that I dont get that much dist it's a more lighter
sounding dist.
New amp, or get a distortion pedal. Though i'd go with new amp first.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by simple rocker
the problem with my sound is that I dont get that much dist it's a more lighter
sounding dist.

Paul Gilbert doesn't use much distortion. His sound is more from the way he holds a pick (and he uses fairly low output pickups, not anything like an Invader...)

If you want more gain, get a better amp, unless you have something like a JMP 100.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Bandit is a decent amp, if you know what you're after it would make sense to upgrade your pickups.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
The Bandit is a decent amp, if you know what you're after it would make sense to upgrade your pickups.

Sorry, but I disagree. I don't really like his bandit, and by him describing his problems, new pickups aren't the best solution. I too say new amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Sorry, but I disagree. I don't really like his bandit, and by him describing his problems, new pickups aren't the best solution. I too say new amp.

+1

Pickups don't just give more gain. Get a new amp first TS. Also as someone said before you don't need alot of gain for those artists anyways.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
The Bandit has more gain then anyone needs for any genre of music. The amp is unlikely to be the issue.

However, muddy, weak, low sustain Ibanez stock pickups are likely to cause those issues. Poor technique may or may not be contributing. OP, how much time have you spent EQing your amp?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
The Bandit has more gain then anyone needs for any genre of music. The amp is unlikely to be the issue.

However, muddy, weak, low sustain Ibanez stock pickups are likely to cause those issues. Poor technique may or may not be contributing. OP, how much time have you spent EQing your amp?

I've spent like 3 hours a day mixing equalizing my amp and effects.
Quote by JoePerry4life
+1

Pickups don't just give more gain. Get a new amp first TS. Also as someone said before you don't need alot of gain for those artists anyways.

yeah I know but of course I also play other types of music and
other artist.
how much money do you have? if you need more gain then new pickups is NOT a good solution.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
how much money do you have? if you need more gain then new pickups is NOT a good solution.

I have around 100-150