Indie FTW!
786 IQ
i like them il defo keep an eye out for them
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
garfgarfgarf
11 IQ
I used to listen to them but they didnt update their songs for ages. Il have another look now though
Skirvy
680 IQ
Bought there album the other day actually. Roll Up Your Sleeves is a tune and a half.
sleep sickness
my organ sounds like...
445 IQ
just got hold of these four walls, and i'm quite impressed.
i thought i'd hate the scottish accent but everything sounds pretty tight.
i think i'm gonna go see them when they next play to make up my judgement.
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
There's something about Scottish bands, and I dunno what it is, that makes them so effing catchy. This band is no exception.

They're opening for Frightened Rabbit in my hood next month. I'm pretty stoked.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
^ I've worked it out, haven't tabbed it though. If I get around to it I'll post in the thread.
boozebarron
10 IQ
For me, i think they appeared as a facebook ad. I saw the name and just couldn't resist giving roll up your sleeves a listen.

Seriously though, stroke of genius that name is.
Amp: Peavey Classic 30
Guitar: Fender Telecaster USA Standard, Ibanez (Not sure of the model), Shitty Acoustic
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Holy sheet.

I saw these guys last night, and they were incredible live. My roommate and I proceeded to each chip in seven dollars and fifty cents to buy These Four Walls. Best album purchase I've made in a while.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Lord Apples
IndieRocker
11 IQ
Hey folks! I just saw these guys last Friday here in Montreal, playing with 'The Twilight Sad' and 'Brakesbrakesbrakes' and man, was it a hell of a show. My friend bought their record and got it signed by the whole band. I'll be there when they come back.

On a site note, I've been looking everywhere for tabs but with no such luck. I'm horrible at tabbing music, so I would kindly ask one of you guys to tab some of their songs.
Greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ben.
sre9981
Woo!
802 IQ
Quote by K-Lizzle
There's something about Scottish bands, and I dunno what it is, that makes them so effing catchy. This band is no exception.

They're opening for Frightened Rabbit in my hood next month. I'm pretty stoked.

+1
rushmore
bblblubluewhale
3,870 IQ
pretty solid. i love the band name way more than i like the music, but regardless, pretty good stuff.
buid
UG's brick
281 IQ
whoaaaaaaaa, i love it!

reminds me of a mix of mellow snow patrol and bloc party with a whole sound of their own! I love when singers don't have to stretch their vocal chords to sound awesome. It just contrasts with and adds to the music.
jenjenz
10 IQ
anyone know of where i can find WWPJ chords/tabs on the net?
cheers all
Lord Apples
IndieRocker
11 IQ
Quote by jenjenz
anyone know of where i can find WWPJ chords/tabs on the net?
cheers all

Both you and I, friend. I am also looking for tabs from this AWESOME band. That's one thing I hate about bands that aren't mainstream.
PS. I don't have the talent to tab things out by ear, but my friend does. Unfortunately, this isn't his type of music.
Good luck with your search and do let us know if you find any!

Cheers!
Last edited by Lord Apples at Nov 12, 2009,
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
ive worked out some of their songs. dont have enough time to tab them out, though... maybe when i have some free time..
Lord Apples
IndieRocker
11 IQ
Quote by BGSM
ive worked out some of their songs. dont have enough time to tab them out, though... maybe when i have some free time..

It would be greatly appreciated if you could work out some of them. Opening intros if anything. Thanks!
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
haha. its not that its a bad question (like what is your favourite ice cream flavour, etc...), its just every band gets that asked to them, and they get sick of it after a while. if you put a different slant on it and ask it in a different way, (possibly a bad example, but something like "who promised you your jetpacks?" etc etc) its good, but straight up asking them "where did your name come from" is bad.

this knowledge comes after doing radio interviews on local stations, you always get told not to ask where their name comes from, although its much worse if the name isnt obscure, like mindsnare or integrity.
One on Sunday
is a zombie?
648 IQ
Just got these four walls today. I really enjoyed it, his voice sounds great with what they play.
Lord Apples
IndieRocker
11 IQ
^^ Indeed, and I think they currently my favorite band considering I can't stop listening to them.

I've learned to play the intro for 'It's Thunder and Lightning'
Perhaps we can all post our tabs here and finally make a final accurate tab for which we can post here on UG?
It's just an idea.
bonesofghosts
278 IQ
Quote by buid
whoaaaaaaaa, i love it!

reminds me of a mix of mellow snow patrol and bloc party with a whole sound of their own!

yeah, they really remind me of early Bloc Party, which makes me happy 'cause though I do like Bloc's new stuff, it's really the sound they had on Silent Alarm and the stuff before it that made me fall in love with them (the song This Modern Love is the most similar in style, I think).

I looooove this band. These Four Walls is definitely one of my favourite albums of the year - there's not a single track I dislike. It's Thunder and It's Lightning is just fantastic.