Hey UG,

After I youtubed a bit, I found out that Joe does a lot of lessons. I was just wondering if he actualy has some intermediate/advanced video lesson on like, dvd or something? I'm trying to improve my guitar playing a bit by dvd and youtube lessons and such. Or maybe there is any other interesting artist that does lessons not just on youtube? (Maybe Steve Vai or anyone) Hope you got some ideas.

Thanks
Quote by Buske6000
Hey UG,

After I youtubed a bit, I found out that Joe does a lot of lessons. I was just wondering if he actualy has some intermediate/advanced video lesson on like, dvd or something? I'm trying to improve my guitar playing a bit by dvd and youtube lessons and such. Or maybe there is any other interesting artist that does lessons not just on youtube? (Maybe Steve Vai or anyone) Hope you got some ideas.

Thanks

Lots of artists have done lesson videos. Check out Marty Friedman's Melodic Control and John Petrucci's Rock Discipline for starters.
Inhuman evil take down!
You should be better off buying some books that teach about how Satch is playing, they're much more insightful than videos. But if you want a video, you can check out Paul Gilbert's DVDs, John Petrucci's Rock Discipline; also get any REH video you can get your hands on, because they're usually great.
Lick Library (Licklibrary.com) has a guy named Danny Gill that studied under Joe. He has several DVD's out showing Joe's style and how to actucally play the songs. They come with backing tracks and Jam alongs. He also has MANY other tutorials on other guitarist and there are other instructors showing many more with every style you can imagine.
You can get these DVD's from Amazon, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, and just about anywhere else instructional DVD's are
Joe Satriani made an entire book on soloing and chord progressions + (pesudo)modal playing.

I believe it also features lessons on techniques.

It's called; Joe Satriani - Guitar Secrets

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
The Paul Gilbert DVD's are prob the best ones that I have seen. Very informative and he shows you little guitar tricks to help your playing.

Joe Satriani - Guitar Secrets is also a very good book.
yeah U should check Gilbert's DVD , he made things look easier and much more simple to play.