So here’s my scenario. I’ve been working as an apprentice landscaper for the last 2 ½ years and I work for a boss who’s always had anger management issues. I’ve always worked like hard for him only to get screamed at for absolutely nothing all day, I don’t know why I put up with it for so long. He’s always been a cocaine user, but he’s been using coke a lot heavier lately, which is causing him to get angrier every day. The last two or so months have been the worse, it’s like working with Dave Chapell’s parody of Rick James. His anger is just completely unpredictable. It’s never been physical abuse I gotten from him only verbal, until yesterday. I got some mud on some his timber decking (easily cleaned off) so he threw a metal shovel as hard as he could right at me. It missed my head by an inch. If it hit me, I would have been seriously f*cked up. So that’s where I draw the line and I really wanted to tell him to get f*cked and walk off. But I only have 5 months left until I finish my apprenticeship and get my Horticulture/Landscaping certificate. If I walk out now, I flushed the last 2 ½ years of work down the toilet for nothing. But I now fear for my safety at work and I really don’t want to go back.

What should I do pit? Leave or stick it out?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'd just be really careful for those 5 remaining months. Is he always megacranky or sometimes able to indulge in a conversation? Maybe try talking to him..?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
if u endured 2 and a half years of hell, just think about everything you worked for and dealt with until now and last just 5 more months. i know it might seem like an eternity but once your done, your going to feel alot better. But it's always safety first.... so IF you actually do get hit, i think thats when you should maybe consider quitting.
hold on for five more months, then get the hell out of there.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I'd just be really careful for those 5 remaining months. Is he always megacranky or sometimes able to indulge in a conversation? Maybe try talking to him..?

I used to be able to talk to him but these days, even during a normal conversation it seems like he's suppressing a whole lotta rage and that he could explode at any minute. I haven't seen him smile for the last 2 months.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Jul 30, 2009,
Keep the job dude... Stick it out best you can. But you should kick in his front door after he passes out at night, steal his alcohol and impregnate his daughter and/or wife. Also you should buy a suit of armor....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
landscaper? are you mexican? mexicans can stick through anything!
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by WantsLesPaul
If he hits you, Sue him.

repot him?

that will just increase his drug addiction. leave the pot.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Don't you have a union? If you don't I'd say you should stick with it for 5 more months and take care (maybe wear a helmet)
Quote by yeoman125
talk to the people who award the certificate, and see what they say?

I'd do this.. there might be a chance they can move you with someone else for the last 5 months although im sure you'lll have to show some evidence.

or stick it out if you want.. but i'm guessing it won't be pleasent.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
don't quit your day job
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I'd say look for a job with another landscaper so you can finish out your apprenticeship, you're bound to find someone who will take you on for just 5 months, especially if you explain your situation, though don't quit your current job until you find someone. Also, regardless of weather you leave in the next week, or end up waiting the whole 5 months, when you finish, on your last day, you hit your boss as hard as you can and knock him da fuck out! I have no time for coke fiends, it has no positive effect on the user, just makes them bigger dickheads than they already are.
Quote by GoldenBlues
So here’s my scenario. I’ve been working as an apprentice landscaper for the last 2 ½ years and I work for a boss who’s always had anger management issues. I’ve always worked like hard for him only to get screamed at for absolutely nothing all day, I don’t know why I put up with it for so long. He’s always been a cocaine user, but he’s been using coke a lot heavier lately, which is causing him to get angrier every day. The last two or so months have been the worse, it’s like working with Dave Chapell’s parody of Rick James. His anger is just completely unpredictable. It’s never been physical abuse I gotten from him only verbal, until yesterday. I got some mud on some his timber decking (easily cleaned off) so he threw a metal shovel as hard as he could right at me. It missed my head by an inch. If it hit me, I would have been seriously f*cked up. So that’s where I draw the line and I really wanted to tell him to get f*cked and walk off. But I only have 5 months left until I finish my apprenticeship and get my Horticulture/Landscaping certificate. If I walk out now, I flushed the last 2 ½ years of work down the toilet for nothing. But I now fear for my safety at work and I really don’t want to go back.

What should I do pit? Leave or stick it out?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Talk to the guys who give the certificate... see if you can get him arrested and they might help you work something out...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
report him and you'll get help to finish off the certificate , you shouldnt have to put up with that.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
hold out 5 months will fly by
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Stick it out for 5 months???

WTF?

So what if he has another shovel incident but this time hits you in the head...? At best you're looking at stitches and at worst...what? **** knows...Blindness, brain damage...disfigurement....

Nobody should have to work under that pressure...whether you're a apprentice or a qualified worker.

You need to speak to someone who can do something....quickly.

This shouldn't cost you the last 2 1/2 years either....
[
Last edited by Skuzzmo at Jul 30, 2009,
I'd say hold on. Despite the abuse you got, you'd REALLY regret throwing 2 and half years down the drain.
Stick it out and finish your apprenticeship.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
If you can't finish out with someone else your best bet is to stick it out for 5 months. Just be as careful as you can to not set him off. After 2.5 years I'm sure you have a decent idea as to what his triggers are.
I'd say look for a job with another landscaper so you can finish out your apprenticeship, you're bound to find someone who will take you on for just 5 months
I’ve had a look at jobs online. It seems employers are only looking for beginners to start new apprenticeships with them. (A 1st year apprentice gets paid less than a 3rd year).

I think tomorrow I'll give him my 2 weeks notice. I'll apply for jobs over the next two weeks and take whatever I can get. That'll only be until I can find somebody looking for a 3rd year apprentice landscaper then I'll go work for them and finish my qualifications.

So what if he has another shovel incident but this time hits you in the head...? At best you're looking at stitches and at worst...what? **** knows...Blindness, brain damage...disfigurement....

Nobody should have to work under that pressure...whether you're a apprentice or a qualified worker.

I’ll tell him that tomorrow while quitting.
Quote by yeoman125
talk to the people who award the certificate, and see what they say?

this. don't be too quick to quit because the benefit afterwards should be immense.. but at the end of the day TS it's up to you.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

nail gun and compressor = problem solved

seriously i put up with this shyt myself doing carpet installs and one day my boss got pissed and hit me with a hand staple gun right in my knee and i took the nail gun and unloaded the whole clip right at him and ruined a wall firing at him, he never bothered me again and i ended up quitting anyways not too long after.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
You have to talk to someone higher up.- Surely theres someone you can complain to (who can do something).
Also if he fuc*s u up- sue him.

If you feel like taking a risk-next time he starts giving you shi* tell him he better watch himself or youll tell the cops about the weed.
-I will not be held responsible if something should happen if you follow that advice (Disclaimer).
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir