Alright, I know there is a settings thread, and I looked there. Good for the amp settings, but what else would I need to get a nice southern crunchy tone?

I have an Epi LP Plus Top, Blackheart Little Giant, and a Boss ME-70 Multi-effects unit.

I have been playing with the overdrive settings to see if I can find the right tone, but haven't found it yet. Any other effects I should be using to get this sound?

Songs like Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Three Steps, Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands To Yourself, etc.

If only I could take Guitar Rig with me everywhere. I love their presets.

Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I don't knoe about Georgia Satellites, but if you want a Lynyrd Skynyrd tone, the first thing you'll need is a guitar equipped either with a mini-humbucker in the bridge, or else a full S-S-S configuration. Other than that I can't think of much else except the settings on the amp...They didn't use very many effects, if I'm not mistaken.
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
I think therein lies my problem. I have a LP with EMGs and an Epi LP Studio with stock pups.

I can get close, but it still needs that southern drawl.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
I don't think you really need single pickups, when they playe live Hughie Thomasson used a Les Paul. You're problem is you don't have a marshall tube amp.

Edit: I mean Gary Rossington
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Last edited by Its So Easy at Jul 30, 2009,
The amp should be able to provide all the gain you need, I doubt you need any distortion from your FX unit but try adding a bit of compression.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The amp should be able to provide all the gain you need, I doubt you need any distortion from your FX unit but try adding a bit of compression.

I think that is my other problem. I am currently practicing in a finished basement with family around so I don't get to turn the volume up enough to have that natural gain.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Even so you don't really need all that much gain for those tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
your Vox could proabably give you a tone that's close, visit valvetronix dot net for settings