Hey, I'm actually a guitarist but now I'm also playing the bass. Some guys I know have a Technical Death Metal band (ex. Hacride, Textures, Meshuggah...) and they were looking for a bass player quite some time. I told the drummer I was interested and he gave me his bass to practise the songs and at the moment I'm their new Bass player.

Here's my question: we play In B Standard (B-E-A-D low to high) and I feel that the strings are a bit floppy so do any of you have some recommendations for string thickness' for a 4-string in B standard? (No 5-string rec's)
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If it was your own bass, I'd say take a file to the nut, get yourself a pack of 5 string bass strings, and discard the G.

Since it isn't your bass, just use the heaviest 4 string set you can find.

Well I wouldn't go for the 5 bass strings, since bass strings aren't that cheap and you'd always have one you don't use. What are about the thickest 4-string strings?
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
These are some good ideas. http:// /
They are stupidly thick for low tunings.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
ah good point. well he asked for the biggest set of strings. those are the most ungodly massive strings I've seen. He'll probably be best off using 55-110s even if they're floppy.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Thickest 4 string sets i've personally seen are .055s. I dunno if they'd get you Drop B though. I use .050's in Eb and they're pretty good. Not so tight they're unbendable but not so lose you can use it as a bow and arrow. You're better off getting a 5 string set and not using the G because the string packet has a string actually designed for being tuned that low.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice