i have a Yamaha RBX765A 5 string bass.

It has a bloody great tone. But i suck at 5 string. Is there a 4 string equivalent to this bass?
You suck at 5 string? How does that work? You can't be any better at an instrument because it has one less string. You may prefer it because it has one less string, but you can't be any worse.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
You suck at 5 string? How does that work? You can't be any better at an instrument because it has one less string. You may prefer it because it has one less string, but you can't be any worse.

slapping, maybe? will edit with actual information once I research

edit: http://music.yamaha.com/products/categoryProducts.html?pageNum=2&categoryId=16123&hierarchy_id=16171&pageSize=15

second, third, and fourth down

double edit; those are the next model up -_-; would you settle for that? the four stringer will be cheaper than the five
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Jul 30, 2009,
A five string can be harder, at first, than a 4-string bass, because on some models the strings are closer together, and also because players used to a 4-string bass might hit the B string instead of the E string. It just takes practice I guess
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by fleajr_1412
Its because.

Ill be playing without looking, naturally. and whilst playing my mind i guess so used to playing 4 strings is on auto pilot. and i always **** up. say im ment to hit the A string, but i hit the E string. The strings mix up for me cause of the different feel.

The E, feels like the A.
Quote by mrlee192
Its because.

Ill be playing without looking, naturally. and whilst playing my mind i guess so used to playing 4 strings is on auto pilot. and i always **** up. say im ment to hit the A string, but i hit the E string. The strings mix up for me cause of the different feel.

The E, feels like the A.

man i'm pretty sure everyone does that when they switch to a 5, it just takes a little practice
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Take the B off if it's bothering you that much.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Benjabenja
Take the B off if it's bothering you that much.

That'd be dangerous for the neck if he didn't set it up properly afterward
(which would still take a bit because of how drastic of a change it is on tension)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I had the same problem. in a week, you'll be fine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Tune it like a 4 string and have a higher string.
Not a 5 string player but try tuning it like a 4 string or remove your top string, give you some more bend room. Or, if you don't know how to tune it right, make sure you're in BEADG.
Does anyone know the knob configuration for a Yamaha RBX765A? ie: Vol, Tone, Pickup select., Preamp.
From a two second google search: Volume, pan, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut.

In future, try and search for yourself first, or at least make a new thread instead of necro bumping an old one (this thread is five years old).
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan