i wanna buy a slide but which is better a glass or a metal one. what is a good price for a slide also. plus i wana buy an ebow (by the way what the hell does it do?).
Why do you want to buy something that you don't know what it does?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by LFC468
i wanna buy a slide but which is better a glass or a metal one. what is a good price for a slide also. plus i wana buy an ebow (by the way what the hell does it do?).

Okay, you wanna buy an ebow what the hell it does?
Just check youtube, plenty of demos there
there is more than just glass and metal slides too, and they also come in tons of shapes. slide is pretty hard too, it is not just a casual thing that you can kinda pick up and use like you use pinch hamonics or bending. playing slide will be a definite exercise in a new skill set.

ebow = electronic bow, sustains notes indefinitely. i remember back in '96 i wanted one of these and didn't know what it was either. they must have good marketing or something
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I believe metal slides sound harsher than a glass slide. ^Listen to what gumblicious says playing slide is not easy.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I use a metal slide not for tone but because they're more resistant. I'm a pretty agressive player and once I broke a glass slide while playing. Luckily, I wasn't hurt.

A glass slide will give you a warmer sound and is probably harder to play on an acoustic guitar.

Either way, you do need to practice a lot to learn how to play it decently and you need a good guitar and amp, otherwise, you'll just get a bunch of noise.