hey im getting an Epiphone les paul plus top soon and im also gonna get a new amp to go with it i play alot of rock and metal music (ACDC, guns n roses, Metallica style) so any suggestions
i know very little about amps but here an the things i need that i know of
Tube amp
3 way EQ (low mid high)

my bugdet is between £200 and £300
Go to GG&A, but look at the peavey classic 30, Laney VC15/30, Vox AC4
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Jul 30, 2009,
Are you going to play with a band? Then choose Laney VC15! I have it and it's amazing for rock/hard rock tones among other things.
My vote would go for the Blackstar HT-5.

You really wouldn't need too many pedals for the Blackstar, unless you're an effect junkie. Perhaps a Boost and a Delay? Try it out and see what you think.
Strats & Seagulls
argh u could get a 30 or 50 watt marshall i am not familiar wih britishe prices but i am familiar with the mg series
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Don't mean to be rude or anything but how the f*ck is that the right way to spend 300 notes on amp?

Have you played it? Researched it? Does it sound good with your guitar?

Not saying you won't like it, but how do you know if you do like it?

By that reasoning, perhaps you could spend another £300 on me as I want a Peavey Classic. Everyone on here says it's great!
Quote by UnicronAlliance
Don't mean to be rude or anything but how the f*ck is that the right way to spend 300 notes on amp?

By that reasoning, perhaps you could spend another £300 on me as I want a Peavey Classic. Everyone on here says it's great!

I think he had the intention of trying it first

If you want the Blackstar you might need an OD to play anything heavier than metallica... if not then your good.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by UnicronAlliance

??????? i never said i was going to get it straight off but its likly to be the one im going to get, ill probs try it out at a shop
i have done a hell of alot of research on guitars and amps actaully im left handed and my local shop is pretty small so if i want a guitar i have to check it out on the internet and until i get my new guitar i cant try it out with that amp but im not gonna go buy it without trying it
so to you i say piss off and dont make stupid random accusations
^ in that case I apologise to you. Gratz on doing the leg work. You would not believe how many people rely on this forum (and other forums i'm sure) for purchasing advice without trying first.

And as far as research - well how many users do you see with MG's and Spiders.

Anyway, apologies once again, and I am sure you would enjoy the blackstar. Guitarist Gold Award, and rock solid construction. At the moment they seem to be one of THE go-to british amp makers.

I need to service my temper surpression valve......

EDIT: You might also want to look into the Vox AC4. Nice little tube amp with cracking Vox tone
Last edited by UnicronAlliance at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by UnicronAlliance
^ in that case I apologise to you. Gratz on doing the leg work. You would not believe how many people rely on this forum (and other forums i'm sure) for purchasing advice without trying first.

And as far as research - well how many users do you see with MG's and Spiders.

Anyway, apologies once again, and I am sure you would enjoy the blackstar. Guitarist Gold Award, and rock solid construction. At the moment they seem to be one of THE go-to british amp makers.

I need to service my temper surpression valve......

EDIT: You might also want to look into the Vox AC4. Nice little tube amp with cracking Vox tone

yeah its cool i really wanna make sure im happy with the amp
The ht5 comes with the footswitch for changing between channels. Very versatile little amp. Takes pedals well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.