Hey guys

Next week I am heading over to America to play in the Pokemon TCG World Championships (seriously) and having never been to America I don't really know what to expect. I'll be staying in LA and San Diego. Obviously I'm gonna check out Disneyland, Hollywood, take a heap of photos, make some boner dollars etc. but I was wondering what else I should do?

I know there a probably travel sites with comprehensive info on the 'sightseeing' in these places, but I figured the Pit is closer to my demographic and might have some better ideas of some fun stuff to do and what to expect.

Thanks.
Don't go to disneyland if you're Jewish. I heard some of the employees still take orders direct from Walt.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Don't go to disneyland if you're Jewish. I heard some of the employees still take orders direct from Walt.

You just made my week. Thank you.

The only advice I can possibly give you is prepare for everyone to think you're worthless and you'll do fine. Oh, and don't get shot. Unless you're a douchebag. If you are, then by all means, get shot.
u should put ur UG account URL on a dollar bill and a message to post a comment on ur profile whenever someone else gets it and see where it goes (or u could put ur phone # but not suggested)
╔══╦╗
║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║ ╬
╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝ ║

Quote by nuttysmk54

Im a Mother Lover
You're a Mother Lover
We should F*** each others mothers (F*** each others moms!)

hmmmk finished....
Quote by Footallica?
You just made my week. Thank you.

The only advice I can possibly give you is prepare for everyone to think you're worthless and you'll do fine. Oh, and don't get shot. Unless you're a douchebag. If you are, then by all means, get shot.

Here, Footallica briefly alludes to the fourth amendment, which states:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, or if persons are deemed to be douchebags, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
Don't bother with Disneyland. You'll spend 3 hours in lines, 2 hours walking around looking for stuff to do, and 1 hour enjoying yourself.

Go to Santa Monica, check out the Guitar Centers, have a look at the Sunset Strip. Buy stuff! It's probably a lot cheaper than Oz.
Are there many guitar shops in San Diego?

Obviously I'd struggle carting a full guitar or amp back to Australia, but I'm sure I could get some other music-related stuff.
Disneyland is really only fun with friends.
Get some In-N-Out. Double Double with grilled onions and Animal Style Fries.
Universal Studios is kinda fun I guess.
Olivera Street is a tourist trap

I'll think of some more stuff when it's been more than 10 min after waking up.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
erm...basically whats been said...good luck!!
Quote by fearofthemark
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

We are the dynamite!!

My Gear:

Hamer XT Series (SATF)
Jackson JS30 Dinky
Vintage V100 Les Paul (w/ Seymour Dunc JB in Bridge pos.)

Korg ToneWorks AX1500G
Marshall MG100HDFX