I'm willing to spend around $200-$250. Somewhere in that area.

I'm tired of having my guitar cable rip out during shows. It has happened WAY too many times. It sucks when you're the only guitarist up there(no bassist/2nd guitarist) and the song misses it's best part while I'm scratching around for my cord... I can barely let loose on stage without having my cable get stepped on and drop.

What's a decent wireless guitar system that I can buy? I usually stand about right above - 6ft from my guitar pedal, as I'm always switching between various effects during my performance. So signal shouldn't be too much of a big deal -- as long as it's not all static and fuzzy. No rest squealers please.. I want a clean performance for the cheapest price.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Line6 X2 XDS95.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Have you tried wrapping your guitar cable under your strap? Sounds dumb but so many guitarists just leave their cable sticking out, ready to be stepped on... So whenever your then step on your cable it catches on the strap so it doesn't come out - this could save you a lot of money, and if you don't move that far from your pedalboard anyway, is there any real need for a wireless kit?
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Quote by Sleazeball
Have you tried wrapping your guitar cable under your strap? Sounds dumb but so many guitarists just leave their cable sticking out, ready to be stepped on... So whenever your then step on your cable it catches on the strap so it doesn't come out - this could save you a lot of money, and if you don't move that far from your pedalboard anyway, is there any real need for a wireless kit?

They can really take your live show up a step - you can run out into the audience and all around the stage without tangling your band or equipment up with your cables.
***Short Sig***
you want UHF and multiple channels. i dont know if i would spend that little on a wireless unit, but those are two things you really have to look for. dont know what models to look at, though i think there is a line 6 thing close to that price range.
good point darkflame, cheap wireless systems have the potential for being more annoying then guitar cables that get yanked out at a song's climax. imagine instead you start picking up phone conversations or CB talk or radio in the middle of a song; the problem with that is the fix is not as easy as picking the cord up and plugging it back in, that chatter will go through your amp till it doesn't pick it up anymore. so beware of 'convenient' fixes.

i swear, 2 years ago i predicted we would have bluetooth guitar and amps by now. wtf?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Sleazeball

Agreed. In the last year of twice-weekly gigging, I've only had the cable come out once, and that was because the jack itself came loose. I bet I'd have had a lot more problems with wireless.

Unless you have a big budget and are playing fairly large venues regularly, a wireless system seems like a pointless exercise.
Actually, I had a pretty decent Wireless systme from Samson that was 200.00... I would still have it but I didnt like the Plastic 1/4 jack cable it came with,, I never had a problem with CB radio's or EMS . Never came out of my Les Paul... my only problem was the cable that eventually would have a short in it .. other than that ,,, its a great introductory model into Wireless.
I plan to step it up a notch and get one in the $400-500.00 Range for the gigs we play ... If we are playing in a small room I just use a monster cable ...the best !!!
Quote by kyle62
Agreed. In the last year of twice-weekly gigging, I've only had the cable come out once, and that was because the jack itself came loose. I bet I'd have had a lot more problems with wireless.

Unless you have a big budget and are playing fairly large venues regularly, a wireless system seems like a pointless exercise.
I agree with this post.

A wireless system is pointless if you're not playing large venues.