So I was thinking about either modding my cheapo strat with a charvel neck and replacing the pickgaurd and electronics with an aftermarket pickgaurd with high-end pickups and such..install a floyd...the body of the wood is also very suprisingly resonant. I can tell since when i play it without an amp the strings really echo and sound thick and vibrant....

So basically the only thing im reusing is the body of the cheapo strat..or would it be better if i just buy a charvel?
well you cant ever beat the original sound, but it should be alot less to just mod the strat than get a 1800$ charvel lol
better off just getting a charvel, if your worried about price look at the 'model' series on eBay, great guitars, very well priced.

Edit: Eg. Charvel Model 3 or 4 or whatever.
Quote by XChainsawGorgeX
well you cant ever beat the original sound, but it should be alot less to just mod the strat than get a 1800$ charvel lol

nah i was thinking about the production models thats about 1000 USD
Quote by acesofbelkan
nah i was thinking about the production models thats about 1000 USD

sexy guitars, only reason im not getting one is the non recessed floyd , otherwise its perfect.
Quote by stephen_rettie
sexy guitars, only reason im not getting one is the non recessed floyd , otherwise its perfect.

yea i actually tried it out...it does suck but it still feels great to play..and the only problem i see with this is that you cant do pullups as far as other guitars...but i have 2 other guitars w/recessed FR so I dont mind..that neck was magical
Definitely go for a new Charvel. I was looking at getting one for my self for a long time, until realizing that I really don't need a guitar with a Floyd.
Strats & Seagulls
Swapping necks is not always a plug-n-play deal... Do you know if the Charvel neck fits the strat body?

I thought about doing the same to a Lotus Strat copy but it has a plywood body... doesn't sound bad, but it was only worth a thought because I sometimes play through a loooong pedal chain just for the hell of it so having great guitar tone wasn't so much a big deal... I instead bought more pedals... go figure.

And I second the Model 4.
Quote by irnmadn88
Swapping necks is not always a plug-n-play deal... Do you know if the Charvel neck fits the strat body?

I thought about doing the same to a Lotus Strat copy but it has a plywood body... doesn't sound bad, but it was only worth a thought because I sometimes play through a loooong pedal chain just for the hell of it so having great guitar tone wasn't so much a big deal... I instead bought more pedals... go figure.

And I second the Model 4.

yeah I checked pictures online and i looked at the body and it looks identical to any fender strat...im 100% sure the neck would fit. it just comes down to..wether or not i should make use of the really resonant body that i got...i probably got really lucky with this guitar body being so resonant