Sorry I thought I'd make a new thread since my search is now specific to cabs.

Anyway, I'm about to pick up an ENGL Powerball so I'm looking for a suitable 2x12 cab for it. I'd even take a powerful single speaker cab, mostly going to be used in my room.

My budget is $500. I was suggested Vader, Avatar, Mesa Recto and Marshall lines. Some specific models would be great!

Thanks again.

Vader is supposedly great too but I've never played one.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Vandals572

Vader is supposedly great too but I've never played one.

+1 Just got one, fantastic. The models are pretty much just based on looks, so get what you want.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Vader>>>>Avatar for low end punch and tightness
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Ok the Vader sounds like the one for me.

I'll need a 16ohms version right?

Think I should swap out the speakers for something else or are the stock ones good?
the stock ones are what make the vader great. They have excellent bass response
Sounds good.

Do I have to order directly from Vader or are there other retailers?
i was fortunate enough to get them off EBay. But you'd have to order straight from vader. They have really good customer support though and incredibly friendly staff
Quote by tubetime86
+1 Just got one, fantastic. The models are pretty much just based on looks, so get what you want.
are you kidding me? they're about as different as cabinets are going to get from each other soundwise.
One last thing. My ENGL Powerball has options for 2 x 4, 2 x 8, 1 x 16 Ohms.

What should I have my cab configured at?
The 2 x 4 and 2 x 8 are for stereo at either 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms. The 1 x 16 is mono at 16 Ohms... I'm pretty sure.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by al112987
are you kidding me? they're about as different as cabinets are going to get from each other soundwise.

Are they? The only major differences I saw were speakers, and open/closed back which are open for customization on all of their cabs. Other than that they have the same wood, and very similar construction... What else is there?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!