So recently when playing my sound has been cutting out. I'm pretty sure it's the cable because it's happened before. But it could be the amp because when I wiggle the cable going from my pedal to my amp The sound will be static and if you wiggle it right you get the sound back.

So it's either the cable or something with the amp input. I can't test the cable with another amp because I don't have another one.

The cable is a cheap $10 cable that I got from Target because my other one fried.

Any thought on what it is or how to fix it?

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Check the wires going to the speakers, they tend to wiggle loose sometimes.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Probably the cable that's doing it. Check the solder connections.
..I was watching my death.
Buy a Monster cable. They are guaranteed for life.
If you live in the states, all you have to do is walk into a Guitar Center or Daddy's with the busted cable and swap it out - no reciept - no questions.

I just swapped one today.
So the two stores you picked to represent the US guitar scene are GC and Daddys? Lame.

Monster Cable is alright, but the nicer Livewrie is cheaper and is also guarunteed for life. They sound just as good to my ears as the Monster I have.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

Monster Cable is alright, but the nicer Livewrie is cheaper and is also guarunteed for life. They sound just as good to my ears as the Monster I have.

Iv'e had a livewire before and the same thing happened. It just fried.

Quote by mattman93

Youtube
Buy a multi-meter... test the cable... or go straight from the guitar to the amp without the pedal (you have two cables don't you?) to test each cable.

Check to see if the jack on the pedal is loose.

And depending on the amp quality, maybe its input jack is going bad...

Search the internet... there are many simple DIY fixes out there that will help you sort out your gear...
Quote by irnmadn88
or go straight from the guitar to the amp without the pedal (you have two cables don't you?) to test each cable.

Check to see if the jack on the pedal is loose.

And depending on the amp quality, maybe its input jack is going bad...

Search the internet... there are many simple DIY fixes out there that will help you sort out your gear...

1.) Yes I tried that and it's that cable

2.)It's not and I have 4 in my chain but i think it's that one

3.)Amps a POS..

Quote by mattman93

Youtube
Quote by acdcrocks0323
So the two stores you picked to represent the US guitar scene are GC and Daddys? Lame.

No, those are the only two stores I have experience swapping cables with....you dummy.
And sometimes my power supply cuts out my sound. Like if you step on one of the pedals it loses power and turns right back on. Thats probably just a problem with the connections right?

Quote by mattman93

Youtube
Quote by killerscorpion
And sometimes my power supply cuts out my sound. Like if you step on one of the pedals it loses power and turns right back on. Thats probably just a problem with the connections right?

If you use a power-supply, take that out of the equation and see if it happens with a battery.
Quote by 667
If you use a power-supply, take that out of the equation and see if it happens with a battery.

Yea but the power supply only stops the sound for like a second and turns back on. The cable will slowly get quieter and then become silent. Then you wigggle the cable till you get sound back.

(I don't have that many batteries )

Quote by mattman93

Youtube
^hmm... you lost me.
Put a battery in it and unplug the power-supply completely - just to test it. If it doesn't exhibit the same behavior and works fine with the battery, then you know it must be the power supply that is the problem.
All power-supply's are not equal. My Mico Pog wont work with a generic PS - it only works (for me) with the 9 volt supply that came with. The connector is wired differently. It'll work for a second with an off brand, but then it goes haywire.
I know it's not the power supply because the sound doesn't go away. Sometimes when you step on a pedal the power cuts out from the pedals and they turn off briefly. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the reason why you have to wiggle the cable to get sound.

Quote by mattman93

Youtube
Then try each cable with just the guitar and amp. If it does the same thing when you wiggle, then you know it's the cable and not the pedal.
Have you considered that you may have two problems occurring at the same time?

I suggest taking apart your set up and putting it back together one part at a time working from guitar to amp until any of your issues reappear... at such point you will have identified a problem then continue until your rig is reassembled.