So my brother finally brought the bass back home, but the low E string saddle is screwed up. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Here are some pics.
Attachments:
0730091314.jpg
0730091316.jpg
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
If its turned all the way over, you'll have to loosen up the string and flip it back, but if you can turn the screws, get the right size allen key and turn them until you get it back to the right height. tune the e string down a little bit before you do that though
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
The saddle is just too low, its not really twisted or anything.

So just use an allen wrench to adjust the height?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
If its turned all the way over, you'll have to loosen up the string and flip it back, but if you can turn the screws, get the right size allen key and turn them until you get it back to the right height. tune the e string down a little bit before you do that though

I can't find the right size

Edit: Never mind guys I fixed it. I noticed how on the E string I couldn't see the screws under the saddle like all the other ones, so with the help of a small screwdriver I made it so the E saddle is just a little lower than the A.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 30, 2009,
You may have to adjust the intonation after adjusting the action. Use the screw at the back of the bridge. The hole with the screw will line up with the bar that holds the saddle out.

basic instructions on how to do this.

Tune the E string open. Do not use frets because if your intonation is off the higher the fret the more out of tune you are.

After you have the E string tuned perfectly play the 12th fret. It should still be an E, of course.

If the note is flat turn the screw counter-clockwise to move the saddle forward and shorten the string slightly. If it is sharp turn the screw clockwise to do the opposite.
NOTE: Detune the string a bit(loosen it) so that the saddle can move freely. otherwise the pressure from the string will hold it in place.

Retune the E string and repeat the relevant steps until the Open E and the 12th fret E are the same note exactly.

NOTE: you can use 5th and 12th fret harmonics if your tuner is having trouble keeping a steady reading when hitting the open E.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
^
thanks
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^