I'm trying to figure out a good length to have my electric guitar. I have it really slung low like Slash, it's comfortable but then I can't reach the higher notes like the 15th fret of the low E string & A string. It's kinda hard to reach the lower notes especially with my pinkie because I use it alot. However, If I have it slung high it's not really comfortable & people will look at me weird & what not. Am I the only one with this problem? How low or high do you have it? If you have it low can you still solo? I don't really angle my guitar that much because it makes the picking feel weird & I have to angle my hand too.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I hold my Jackson where the top end of the horn is at my belly button. Comfortable doesnt look gay and allows you to play at top ability.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Crabcore low
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
actually u need it to be right at ur belly button
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
i try to keep it at the same level as when i'm sitting down, it sits high on my chest and allows me to play better than down low. It doesn't really matter to me how i look, as long as i play good, so you should stop worrying about it.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
The back of the guitar usually sits about where my belt buckle would be if you wear your pants were they are supposed to be and not slung down around your ass.

It really depends on what kind of angle you like your neck at. I hate an extreme angle so I don't let the guitar sit too low.
Quote by Avengethedeath
I hold my Jackson where the top end of the horn is at my belly button. Comfortable doesnt look gay and allows you to play at top ability.

Quote by srob7001
The back of the guitar usually sits about where my belt buckle would be if you wear your pants were they are supposed to be and not slung down around your ass.

It really depends on what kind of angle you like your neck at. I hate an extreme angle so I don't let the guitar sit too low.

Cool. Thanks
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I play my flying v quite high cause its rlly uncomfortable low, but i have my other (a crappy ibanez gio) over my you know where and its comfy
On my strat I have it so that the inner edge of the guitar is at my waist.
On my epiphone I have so that the outer edge is a bit lower than my waist.

When it's lower you're at a different angle. I can reach high, but it's a bit harder to reach down with your pinkie while holding a chord (like in I wanna rock and roll all night or Ballroom Blitz).
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
The top horn is about nipple height, maybe slightly above. I keep mine up high, like (most) technically proficient guitarists.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I play with it high. Good fret access and it feels right. If anyone makes fun of someone for how high their guitar is, then they have some personal issues. Put your strap where you can play where you need to and where it feels comfortable.
I hold it just high enough for me to comfortably reach the top notes on the fret board on my low E and A string. That seems like how it ought to be done, and at the end of the day, I'd rather play like a badass and look a little silly then play terribly and look silly for trying to look cool.
I usually keep mine at about stomach-high. Not too low to play, and not so high that it's uncomfortable.
In the end, just play it how it feels good for you. I doubt that Tom Morello even ahs any slack in his strap when he plays, for instance.
Generation 11. The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Social Experiment.[/B]
I am a total noob, that thing is like practically hanging around my neck like a tie.
I prefer the center of the body of the guitar to be right at the belt buckle area.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
put it where its comfortable... but sometimes it depends the shape of your guitar and the wieght
I have mine just slightly above my belly button. Put it as high as necessary and so that you feel comfortable. It will look much gayer if you start messing up your playing in front of people and you need to feel comfortable while you're playing.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
I play high. My guitar is up pretty high. I can give a **** less if I look like a fool cuz it's comfortable and that's all that really matters. But I can't stand holding a guitar low ... really I can't get anything technical done that way
sits about the same hight as when I play sitting, plus the strap can only go one notch lower anyway
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
I like it low but then cus i'm so skinny it bashes into my pelvis and hurts, i get nasty bruieses =[
Same height as when I play sitting down.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Another vote for stomach, or thereabouts. I think it helps a lot more to practice with the neck twisted toward/away from you, lots of cool poses rely on your ability to do that rather than how low your guitar is.

If you have trouble playing a solo or whatever standing up, you can always put one foot on your amp or on part of the stage to balance...but it's probably better to just learn how to do it without relying on a crutch.