If you have any tips for writing evil riffs i would greatly appriciate it. What im mainly looking for is diffrent scales and what not that sound inheriently evil
Play the blues scale, but take the 3rd note you play out (that'd be the D note if your playing it in A)
Sounds more evil....
The Spanish Scale in E worked out pretty well for me to do some evil sounding stuff maybe you could try that, but it depends on what you like afcourse :P
you have to eat a baby in order to achieve that 'evil' sound that is so sought after

heads up.
Use natural minor,

hungarian minor (but with the hungarian minor i treat the leading tone as the root note, like the F hungarian minor I revolve everything around the E note, sounds extremely dissonant and uneasy),

harmonic minor,

Phrygian mode,

stick in a few chromatics,

diminished scale,

B - C - C# - E - F - F# - A - B (evilish scale found on internet),

'devils third'

and experiment!
Quote by theshroomman
you have to eat a baby in order to achieve that 'evil' sound that is so sought after

heads up.

i lol'd (UG's Vegan)
diminished. also try the byzantine (not sure if that how you spell it) its not so much evil, but it sounds really cool
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by muckypup
Do you mean for riffs and rhythm guitar for lead guitar? because i can send you some tabs of vile and nasty riffs that sound evil if you want but not solos.

sure man im willing to try anything go ahead and send them