I could use both of these. What is my best option?
a) Korg TM40 for $33 that does both
b) Korg CAorGA40 for $20-25 plus a stand alone metronome (what is the difference between CA and GA models, they seem the same but CA is $5 more)
c)other options

For bedroom practice. I kinda wanted the korg pitchblack pedal but I don't think I can justify it for my uses.
Last edited by ninjab at Jul 30, 2009,
anyone? is the TM40 worth it for $10 more for the metronome, or is it not as good of a tuner as the GA40?
korg makes great tuners, but I can't stand the digital beep on their metronomes. It's the same beep as the one you hear when a smoke alarm battery is going dead. My favorite metronome is made my sabine, it has a sound that is much more similar to a traditional metronome. They are also super cheap, here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-SABINE-ZIPBEAT-6000-DIGITAL-METRONOME_W0QQitemZ370238000955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5633e78f3b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_874wt_1167
Quote by slimp
korg makes great tuners, but I can't stand the digital beep on their metronomes. It's the same beep as the one you hear when a smoke alarm battery is going dead. My favorite metronome is made my sabine, it has a sound that is much more similar to a traditional metronome. They are also super cheap, here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-SABINE-ZIPBEAT-6000-DIGITAL-METRONOME_W0QQitemZ370238000955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5633e78f3b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_874wt_1167

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know! I'll get seperate the seperate sabine metronome and the GA40 tuner.
I have the Korg TM-40, and I've liked it so far. The convenience of a two-in-one device is worthwhile I think.
The Setup:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Crate GFX-30
Vox AD50VT
I've got a nice Korg GA-30 tuner. Works great.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
I decided not to get the zipbeat, because there is no volume control.

What metronome has a wood like click, gets loud, and has a volume control? (I have yet to find one)
You might want to ask about metronomes in the piano forum............ oh wait..... there isn't one.......

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
You might want to ask about metronomes in the piano forum............ oh wait..... there isn't one.......

You and me are one in the same my brother

I would go with the Boss Doctor Beat.