I'm going on vacation, planning on swinging by a GC(orlando, FL). If you had $100 some dollars on your pocket burning a hole What would you get?

This is my actual gear:

Ibanez RG120
Vypyr 15
Boss ds-1
Cheap lifetime warranty cables from "Musician's buddy"
I play Rock and 80' metal

I was thinking on buying some nice cables like the Dimarzios and I been GASing on a Metal muff since the boss ds-1 was kind of a let down but will the Vypyr+Metalmuff combination produce some nice tones for rock and metal?

THX in advance.
get the lifetime warranty cables.
and then save up and get a better amp, that isn;t a vypyr or a line 6 spider.
You can't get it at GC for this price (unless they match) but a Pandora PX4d headphone amp is $110 at abesofmaine.com. You can jam anywhere with headphones and have a full multifx with drum/bass rhythms. Plus it fits in your pocket or attaches to your guitar strap. Perfect for vacation or just being on the road.
I like my RG the amp sure could be much better but which tube amp for home practice only?
If you must spend it, screw gear. Just get a hooker.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^And some blow
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
i would not spend it at GC, that for sure

hit up the internet, thats where the gear is at
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Eddie Ibanez
I like my RG the amp sure could be much better but which tube amp for home practice only?

Almost any 5 watt tube amp would be an improvement, the Blackstar HT-5 is always a good choice, what sort of thing do you play?
i'd recommend upgrading cables, then save the rest
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by greenwoodfan93
Almost any 5 watt tube amp would be an improvement, the Blackstar HT-5 is always a good choice, what sort of thing do you play?

80' 90' rock and metal
i am just trying to find out how to post a question on this site cuz i need help getting some pickups.
If you're going for 80s-90s era rock and such, I'd jump for the Boss DS-2 distortion.

But that's only if you're deadset on buying a new toy.
You should honestly save up for a better guitar/amp/cables/etc.
Ok so I'm saving my money to get a better amp(tube). I looking into the Blackstar half-stack and the Black heart little giant. I don't gig or play with a band, so I need a low volume practice amp. Any other advise from you guys?