Hi, I started learning Bold as Love by Hendrix, and whenever it gets to the chorus part:

| a S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
|-8s9-9-9-9-9-----9-9-9-----9------9----9-----9-7-7----7-7-7-7--7
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-8s9-9-9-9-9-----9-9-9-----9------9----9-----9-7-7----7-7-7-7--7

I have problems, because when I try to mute the B string with my left hand ring finger, you can still hear me hitting the muted string and hitting a dead note. Any suggestions?
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
^ you could hybrid pick it, but for future use, dont mute the B with your ring finger. mute it with your index. its going over it anyway just rest it on top. and if you play confidently enough the other 2 notes will drown out the plucked B.
You could hybrid pick it, or you could palm your pick and just use your thumb and index/middle finger to pluck the strings if you are more comfortable with finger picking.

I agree with what stephen said up there, if you let the notes ring out loud enough, play them with enough confidence, the sound of the muted string should just be drowned out. I also agree that using the index finger might be better than the middle finger, but that just may be more of a personal preference thing.

Also, I kind of think that the muted string gives the whole thing a more percussive quality, but if you take into account all of the harmonic activity that is occuring during that song, I think you'll realize that the sound is just drowned out.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
This is a common question for guitarists, and there isn't just one answer. The easiest situation is when you are playing top (thick) strings and want to mute the bottom (thin) strings: just have the fingers that are fretting lie against the strings beneath them. If you want to just mute the big E string you can rest your palm against it or even use your fretting thumb (though it's considered bad technique, especially if you haven't mastered regular technique). REAL ESTATE MILLIONAIRE Austin apartment locators Also, some general light palm muting (resting the edge of your hand along the bridge) helps minimize the sound of accidentally played strings.

Speaking from experience, though, the problem isn't muting strings you accidentally hit, it's only hitting the strings that you want to sound. Work on that--like by practicing playing parts that require you to play two adjacent strings, like power chords--and you'll find you won't need to mute other strings as much.